1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SOUTH INDIA MEET @ Sept 15-16 OOTY - Report from Pg 60

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by Nimish antony, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linealover

linealover Regolare

@ teky,After had a word with ramjn.

Rest at krishnagiri is feasible as it only takes 3.5 to 4 hrs to reach from Mcc meeting point.

we need to book rooms at Tamilnadu tourisim hotel at krishnagiri,as it is located on the highway with abundant parking area.

even when we start at 2100hrs will reach before 1am.eventually gives 6hrs sound sleep.

since perundurai is stretching too much for a already tired fiatians.

Room Description Tariff
    Double Room Non- A/C 700
    Double Room A/C 1150
    Deluxe Double Room A/C 1400
    Additional Member Non A/C 50
    Additional Member A/C 100
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. I second Linea Lover.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    It should all depend on the time you guys going to start from Chennai. If you plan to start at 8 or 9PM, then Krishnagiri is the best bet for the nights stay. You can look at the following route. Salem folks can join you at Mettupalayam.

Route link - Tambaram, Tamil Nadu to Ooty, Tamil Nadu - Google Maps

If you guys plan to start early by 6 or 7 PM, look out for stay at Salem. The best route would be,

I am recommending the ECR route just to bypass the Friday evening traffic between Chennai and Chengalput. Either Marakkanam or Mamallapuram-Cheyyur-Melmaruvathur can also be done.

If you plan to leave Chennai by 4 or 5PM (I doubt if this would be possible) then look out for stay at Perundurai.
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. saurav

saurav Amatore

Hi Arnab,

You can start from KR Puram and take the Outer Ring Road. You would need to drive through Marathalli, Silk Board and then take a left at Jayadeva Flyover so as to reach Banerghatta Road. There's one big Shoppers' Stop showroom along with Oracle office right after the Jayadeva flyover. I can join you there and we can then proceed together towards Mysore Road.

if you wish, you can contact me at my no. Will PM my contact details to you.

1 person likes this.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

There are many exits and entries of NICE ring road on SH 17 towards Bangalore and Mysore. The best meeting point could be the one on LHS of SH 17 towards Mysore after NICE ring road's exit ramp's junction with SH 17 where wide shoulders are available.

Kengeri, Karnataka - Google Maps

1 person likes this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    fuse number F44,replace it. hardly 10 mins job.
    that socket is very important apart from GPS...
    Happy journey
    3 people like this.
  7. Got it replaced from jasper automobiles in vijayawada,and within 5 mins again it blew off.Maybe there is some earthing problems,otherwise till now the gps charger worked fine in swift.
    1 person likes this.
  8. omzworld

Interested in Joining for the trip

Hi friends, I have been regular visitor but dormant contribtor. Was sitting in the fence till now about joining the team or not. But now pretty certain I want to.
    My Wife is joining me and possibly 2 more friends.

Can some one PM me any details and phone number whrogh which I can get some details, Please.

9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

@omzworld: Please visit the first page of this thread. You can get the details about who your state co-ordinator is and can contact them directly. BTW where are you from?
  10. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

We should probably be deciding on the time as soon as possible so that we can plan ahead. My vote would be to leave by 6 so that we would have to cover a shorter distance the next day. Although I do understand not everyone might be able to leave work so early.

If someone can share the whole plan from Chennai it would be great.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.