1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SOUTH INDIA MEET @ Sept 15-16 OOTY - Report from Pg 60

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by Nimish antony, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    One room would befine for us. All are guys and want to stay together.
  2. Bullet

Bullet Novizio

COIMBATORE
    Dear Nimish Antony, Need the T-Shirts....
    Name : Bala
    Handle Name : BULLET
    Toatal number of T Shirts Required : 2(One is 'Large' Size and another one is for my KID[8 Years old])
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Plan for AP team:
    We will start at 7.00 Am on 14th Sep, from Hyderabad to Mysore. Would by-pass Bangalore by taking a diversion from Hebbal and moving on to Nice Ring Road at Vinayaka Layout. Will proceed to Mysore and probably would reach there before nightfall. Since many of the members are driving down with families and prefer sedate driving, we expect the total time that would take to reach Mysore including breaks for breakfast, lunch and snacks to be around 13-14 hrs.

Can anyone please give some inputs about the stay at Mysore. We are looking for a decent (not so expensive but not cheapos aswell) to stay over night on 14th evening. Next day we expect to catchup with Bangalore team at Mysore and drive down to Ooty.

OT: Yesterday, got a Abarth Scorpion Logo on the hood and have done Wheel rotation, balancing and alignment. Also upgraded the stock headlamps from 60/55 to 100/90 Philips Rally. Have also bought a Sonax wind shield solution to be added to the windshield washer tank. All in the preperation for the South India Meet. :D Probably will get some more stickering done this weekend.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kiran,
    Atleast have some balloons as well till you have an exit from hyd :D

Happy Journey... Hope i will find/catch you on some telugu news channel ;)
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    We will get you a lot more exciting coverage than any other channels. But on Youtube.
    Balloons??? :D I wouldn't mind it, but would look as if I am "Just Married" and going for a honey moon ;)
    For a mega meet like this, we need something more. Hope there is lot of fun and adventure in-store at Ooty.
    Just hoping that everything goes smoothly as planned and everybody enjoys the meet so that we can plan for a Mega All India Meet soon ;)
    2 people like this.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Hotel Dasaprakash, Gandhi Square, Mysore, near Clock Tower/Mysore Palace, located opposite Prabha theatre, is my favourite. It is a clean, budget hotel with ample of car parking and good vegetarian restaurant.

DasPrakash Hotel | Mysore Hotel & Hotel | Online Rates & Booking | HolidayIQ
    5 people like this.
  7. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    Bala please contact Tekky or Ram from TN and they would be able to help you with the stuff. Each state has co-ordinators to take care of your needs.

8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    The Hindu Business Line reports:

Gudalur and the surrounding areas in Nilgiris district have been experiencing heavy rains since last night resulting in landslides. A number of trees on the national highways have also got uprooted.

Traffic was paralysed for more than four hours on the Ooty-Kozhikode Road, as a large tree fell across the highway this morning.

The traffic was restored after the tree was removed, official sources said.

The district administration has declared a holiday for all educational institutions today due to the rains, an official source said.
    1 person likes this.
  9. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    yes J Ravi sir , actually we have planned during second season in OOTY , there will be rain, we have to take some necessary steps for it this time.

Thanks for mysore accomdation details posted for Kiran :)

ANy one planning for MYSORE stay after returning from ooty PM me please , i have planning of OOTY - Mysore - blr - chennai

OT - This week friday petrol going to be hiked for 3 to 4 rs , so Petrol heads better fuel it up and keep so a little can be saved :) if you are not daily driving guys its use ful
    2 people like this.
  10. Even diesel prices will be increased a lot i guess...better to get your tank full now..
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.