1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SOUTH INDIA MEET @ Sept 15-16 OOTY - Report from Pg 60

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by Nimish antony, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Attention to all who are willing to participate in the meet - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/teamfiat-meet/6670-south-india-meet-@-sept-15-16-ooty-24.html#post120827

List of people who have confirmed with the initial payment:

1. ramjn
    2. teky
    3. cvanandh
    4. Makesh Ravi
    5. Vigneshram
    6. Flywheel
    7. srida
    8. bullet
    9. goabaskar
    10. Senthilraj
    11. KayGeeFiat
    12. mrpresident2k
    13. eNVe
    14. Srini
    15. Sathya_sc
    16. pdranjith
    17. vijays777
    18. Aravindh VK
    19. nskumar

1. shams
    2. jayakrishnakola
    3. Pran
    4. NitinGirish
    5. Joe Francis
    6. Fiat-Yamaha (Sunil)
    7. J Ravi
    8. saurav
    9. Puntom (Hemanth)
    10. tganesh

Andhra Pradesh:
    1. N Kiran
    2. Puntojith (Sreejith)
    3. Vj_V1 (Vignesh)
    4. Prasanna
    5. Bose Suman
    6. macky (Nanda Kishore)
    7. Sreekanthkvs
    8. Sagi096 (Sagar)

1. Nimish
    2. Cinju
    3. Mathew
    4. Biju
    5. Tom
    6. Rahul 24
    7. Soccerfan
    8. Shinju
    9. Thomas
    10. Reny
    11. Clevermax
    12. Romi
    13. Varun.
    14. Jithin
    15. Khans
    16. Dr Sonu
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
    5 people like this.
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Looks like the list is growing at steady pace. Now folks travelling from Chennai need to think about the break etc. Can our new member Aravindh VK help on this since he is from Salem?

Ramjn - Dr.Senthil's name is missing in the list lol - Is he around?
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Oops. I have added now.
  4. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Ramjn. You need one and i need four more to make it 20.... Then its going to be a 20-20 between Kerala - Tamilnadu :dance
    3 people like this.
  5. arunk

That one is me.... ;) Count on me for Tamilnadu. I'm already in touch with Ramesh
  6. Route-1
    Sriperumbudhur-vellore-krishnagiri-salem route. This is a totally 4 lane road without any interruptions. It takes about 5:30 hours from chennai if you maintain a constant speed of 90kmph. There is an Aavin milk parlour once you turn left at krishnagiri for a break. The hotels between vellore and krishnagiri are good and neat. you can find A2B restraunt just before the thoppur[dharmapuri] toll plaza but it is present in the opposite side. Dont opt the hotels or tea shops other than these.This route directly connects salem at its centre and no confusion occurs about the route once you enter the city.Total kms-Around 370.
    Tambaram-viluppuram-ulundhurpet-aathur-salem. This route is nearly 20-30 kms short than the above. But the four lane road construction is in progress at 3 places between aathur and salem, each being a 0.5 km diversion.You dont find any hotels after viluppuram. And once you enter salem city limit, you will be little confused about the city roads since they are in construction progress.Total kms-Around 340.
    The route-1 is a better option to go with. And your fiat will give a good mileage too. Hope I had given some details..!! If i had left anything you need.. juz reply.. I will clear...
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Aravindh - We're looking for hotels to stay in Salem the for the previous day and not the actual hotels for food. Are you aware of any hotels which offer decent accommodation around Nandi Circle or Kovai road without having to going inside the City. We're looking for overnight stay so nothing fancy his required. Something clean and family friendly should be required.
  8. 1. GRT Grand Estancia-Salem[www.grthotels.com][Salem-Bangalore highway, near AVR circle.]
    I think you are aware of the above mentioned hotel and their hospitality since it is present in chennai too. I think rates are same as in chennai.
    Near 5 roads, we have two hotels,
    1.Hotel Cenneys Gateway[sharadha college road, near 5 roads][www.hotelcenneys.com]
    2.Hotel Salem Castle.[New Bus-Stand road, Swarnapuri][www.hotelsalemcastle.com]
    Both these hotels are present about 0.5km from the Bangalore Highway. These are known for their hospitality in and around salem. Price starts from INR-2000[approximate]All the above hotels are centrally Air-conditioned, More parking space, with rents starting from INR-2000. No traffic problem arises while reaching these hotels and are very nearer to the Bangalore highway.
    For actual prices, visit the websites that I have mentioned above. Hotels other than these are present near New Bus-stand where parking is quite challenging.[especially to Lineas]
  9. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Shams, did we decide what route we'll be taking uphill???

through masinagudi or through gundalpet???

we can see deers and if we're lucky a tiger possibly in masinagudi path.

i was lucky to see a tiger cub sitting in the middle of the road once during the early hours. also i once saw a fox running away from the car( it was eating a dead animal which was lying on the road)
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Nimish we also need to finalise on the route & & some points where we can take a break.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.