1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SOUTH INDIA MEET @ Sept 15-16 OOTY - Report from Pg 60

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by Nimish antony, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

I would not prefer the got xxxx? series for the quote on the t-shirt.
    It will be like a copy of something we often see around.

Whatever it is guys, Let it be original.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Any updates after Aug 5 meet at Ekm?
  3. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Well the Aug 5th meet started at 3PM was attended by almost all from Cochin except for a few who could not make it due to unavoidable circumstances. The route was re decided as the palakkad Cbe stretch is non motorable as per today's condition. 3 routes were discussed

1. Thrissur- Shornur- Nilambur- Ooty 290 kms
    2. Cochin -Thrissur- Pollachi-coimbatore- Ooty - 299kms
    3.Cochin-Athirampally- Valparai- Aliyar-Pollachi= Ooty 346 Kms.

The first route has the least kms and the 3rd one is the most adventurous one.

Route 1 has been finalized taking into account that families with kids might find the 3rd route a bit hectic as there is a crossing through a reserve forest and 40 hairpins on the Valparai- Aliyar strectch.
    The stop for breakfast is decided to be Pernithalmanna.
    The reporting time is 5:00 AM and all cars will be flagged off at 5.30 from Kaloor International Stadium.
    Tvm and outstation cars other than kannur team will report on 14th eve and stay at YMCA, Opp EMC Cochin.
    Kannur will come directly to Ooty.

There will be one safety car and one Pace car to lead the event. All cars will be numbered.
    Drive rules were discussed to promote a smooth driving and trouble free motoring.

S10 led by JayD will be the pace car and the Safety car is led by Biju (Linea Lover).

Drive will be split to teams comprising of 4 cars with a team leader for every 4 cars.

The meeting stated at 3PM and concluded at 4.30 PM
    DSCN1262.jpg DSCN1259.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
    4 people like this.
  4. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Route 3:
    Cochin->Athirapally->Chalakudi->Valparai->OOty is one of the most exotic routes I have been to..

For about 100kms straight there is no human civilization and just forest.....pristine best....

But dangerous too as I criss crossed elephants here...

MUST MUST try for ppl who have not been here.
  5. ^^^^WAW great going
  6. That's pretty cool that we have decided on the nilambur route, I haven't driven thru that road yet, so cool.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

1. Is there any reason to omit route 2?

2. Is there any team joining from around thrisur - like chalakudy, thrisur, palakkad etc. cuz i'm planning on joining from Thrissur, so could team up.
  7. LineaDriver

LineaDriver Novizio

Route 2 was not considered because, it will again lead to Mettupalayam and Coonor, were the roads are not in good condition.
    I guess people from Trichur can join the convoy at Naikkanal jn, Trichur. The route plan as of now is http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?vps=6&ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=200882186190015093233.0004c685bf73510132c9a , which might undergo a slight change to accomodate hotel(s) for breakfast somewhere at Perinthalmanna.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Roads from Mettupalayam to Coonoor to Ooty are good. We would (Chennai team) any way be taking Mettupalayam-Kotagiri which is very good as always.

The problem with route 2 is the road from Thrissur to Vaddakkenchery which will be painful. Apart from this I don't see any other issues with route 2.
  9. Okay, fine. Route One is fine as long as we won't face issues regarding stopping for breakfast, parking our cars for the same etc. i guess the nilambur road is going to be mind-blowing.

Have we discussed the group behaviour with regards to driving, on road issues such as a probable break down etc? it'll be better if we can chalk out how we're going to act in case of emergent situations.
  10. LineaDriver

LineaDriver Novizio

Arrangements for breakfast will me made at Perinthalmanna. We shall have a detailed route plan, marked with hotels, hospitals, petrol pumps, service centers etc, I am working on this and shall circulate later.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.