1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SOUTH INDIA MEET @ Sept 15-16 OOTY - Report from Pg 60

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by Nimish antony, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore

will it be too long if you come via Pollachi? Pollachi-Coimbatore road (NH 209) is in very good condition
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    From what I get to know yesterday, the stretch after Walayar till the Coimbatore L&T bypass is also in bad shape.

Think about this route, you would be doing additionally 20 kms.

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?sadd...j4YHsjBLw&oq=coimbatore&mra=ls&t=m&z=10&via=1
    1 person likes this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Instead of going to Pollachi there is another route SH26,SH27 that join the Palakkad-Coimbatore Highway before Coimbatore. There are few TN transports buses servicing in this route. This road join with pollachi- wadakumcheri road. Once there was a accident on highway and we had to take this road while coming from Coimbatore.
  4. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    There is no way of thinking about palaghat- cbe route as there are no roads for 20 kms and big potholes which the linea and punto will be buried. So an alternate route is to be looked into. I think that the Route ramjn has pointed out can be taken. But how is the road condition.
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am assuming from Mannuthy-Vaddakenchery, the road is drivable. From here to Pollachi, the roads are average to good. I have driven this route in my Linea. From Pollachi to Coimbatore, needless to say, it is Awesome.

If you want to avoid Mannuthy-Vaddakenchery too, then another alternative is,

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?sadd...mbatore&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=10&via=1,2&t=m&z=10

But, this is too long and would add another 30 kms.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  6. There is another way without touching Pollachi. One of my friend has a farm near Walayar. Will ask him the route and post it shortly.
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    This is the road that I have mentioned in the above post.
  9. senthilraj

senthilraj Amatore

coimbatore
    there is a way to coimbatore without touching palakad. the roads are ok... TNSTC buses going to thrisur use the same road.

After Vaddakenchery take a right turn near alathur.

Vaddakenchery - Alathur - Chittor - koduvayur - kolijampara - KK chavdy.

but i guess it will a little confusing. so better to come in NH47 via palakkad
  10. Checked with my friend, he says whatever route we take, finally one needs to join at Chavadi and hence he says its same or better to take the regular Walayar-CBE route.

Reg the route suggested by ramjn and that suggested by Senthil, he said that those roads are good but problem is that there will be lots of diversions in that as it passes through small villages without any sign boards. So he says it will be difficult for people going in that route for the first time.

He says better option would be Thrissur-Kollengode-Pollachi-Coimbatore. This would be 20kms longer but can save lots of time due to the road conditions!

Link to that route: Thrissur, Kerala to Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu - Google Maps
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.