1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SOUTH INDIA MEET @ Sept 15-16 OOTY - Report from Pg 60

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by Nimish antony, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You are right here. This road is easier to drive uphill than downhill. This is the steepest ghat road I have ever driven in my driving experience. I have driven in both the direction and I can't go beyond 1st and 2nd gear in my Linea. Absolute fun to drive in our cars.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    theres nothing to worry Kiran! Our Fiats are more than capable of handling any ghats for that matter. Only care to be taken is strict lane driving on the ghats and being in the right gear.

As ramesh said we can have the best of both worlds by driving on both the routes. The gudalur route has some shooting locales and the well known pykara lake (not visible from the road though ) where as in masinagudi route we will pass through mudumalai tiger reserve where we can expect the usual wildlife sightings!!
  3. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    masinagudi road will be just awesome to drive... i cant forget my last climb up masinagudi on my bullet.. on return i almost smoked my brake shoe:devil.. would be really gr8 to drive down those ghats again..

i am trying to get my wifey onto this drive.. she's bit :eek: hearing this plan about TFI'ans.. will soon confirm my participation. so will +1 to KL Team
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Latest list:
    Kerala
    1.Nimish
    2. Cinju
    3. Roy J
    4. Sunil (clevermax)
    5. Kiran Chandra
    6. Rahul (Rahul 24jam)
    7. Biju (Linea Lover)
    8. Thomman
    9. Varun Laxman
    10. Romi
    11. Jithin
    12. Jaydev (non Tfi)
    13. Tom (non Tfi)
    14. Mathew Joy
    15. Issac
    16. Soccerfan
    17. Jose Pottamkulam Oota

Andhra Pradesh
    1. N Kiran
    2. Prasanna Godugu
    3. Vighnesh
    4. Sagar
    5. Pramit
    6. Bose Suman
    7. Vijaya Bhaskar
    8. Sreekanth
    9. Sreejith
    10. Rajeev
    11. Nanda Kishore
    12. Guru

Karnataka
    1.Shams
    2.Pran
    3.drapkarthik
    4.NitinGirish
    5.Sunil (Fiat-Yamaha)
    6.Saurav Anand
    7.Puntom
    8.PathFindeR
    9.jayakrishna kola
    10.Joe Francis

Tamil Nadu
    1. ramjn
    2. teky
    3. FiatJay
    4. cvanandh
    5. mrpresident2k
    6. KayGeeFiat
    7. Flywheel
    8. nskumar
    9. Mehul
    10. Senthilraj
    11. livelyyoungman
    12. sathya_sc
    13. harry_1407
    14. goabaskar
    15. pdranjith
    16. Srini
  5. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    whichever path we are choosing to climb up, i'll book my position- 1st in the row. just tell me where we are stopping and ill stop there. coz most of the path there are not gonna be any cell phone signals available int he ghats.

i've been to ooty many times before in both the roads but the smaller road with more curves is an amazing to drive road.
  6. We did the pilot trip to Ooty yesterday from Coimbatore. Dr. Senthil, SenthiRaj, Makesh, Bala and myself drove to Ooty yesterday in my Linea. We started to Ooty by 6:30 in the morning and by the time we returned home, it was 9:00 pm. We visited lake view hotel, 6th mile, 7th mile and Pykara. Sharing few pictures clicked on my mobile now and more details will be shared by ramjn/teky. Will also add more pictures once I get them from Bala.

The climate was fantastic with temperatures hovering around 15-17 throughout the day :cool:

This place is just after the forest check post in the MTP-Kotagiri road. This road has space for few kms where we can park our cars on the way. Apart from that, there is not much space to stop en-route.

DSC_0341.jpg

The lawn area of hotel Lake View where the bon-fire would be setup

DSC_0343.jpg

L-R Makesh Ravi, Senthil Raj and Dr.Senthil

DSC_0345.jpg

The area within the hotel campus which they would open to us for our photoshoot. 60+ cars can be parked with ease in here.

DSC_0349.jpg

DSC_0350.jpg

A shot of my Linea @ the hotel

DSC_0359.jpg

Clicked at 6th mile.

DSC_0361.jpg
    16 people like this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Wonderful work there guys. Weather seems to be excellent in Ooty. I could remember Hotel Lake view very well. I have stayed there thrice.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  8. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    Great work guys... We are gona rock at OOTY
  9. i havnt been to lake view, but the place seems really good. waiting...
  10. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    very good you guys
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.