1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SOUTH INDIA MEET @ Sept 15-16 OOTY - Report from Pg 60

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by Nimish antony, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Mettupalayam-Kotagiri-Ooty is the best route. Also, we should directly reach Mettupalayam bypassing Coimbatore. Perundurai-Avanashi-Annur-Mettupalayam is the route we should look for.
    2 people like this.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Hi Kiran,
    As you said, Option 1 would become pretty tiring for you guys! In Option 2 you would get a good sleep but the second day would become really tiring!

Heres my suggestion! Stick to Option 1 with a slight change. Start after breakfast itself max by 11 AM. That way you will reach bangalore between 6 and 7 PM. get a good overnight sleep in any hotel and then hyderabad and bangalore teams can drive together to ooty early morning on saturday!

From bangalore we have the option of taking kanakapura road till gundlupet to avoid the early morning traffic. Its quite scenic at many places. I always prefer taking this road even for going to mysore. Only trade off is that it is two lane so it will warrant little extra discipline from drivers!
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  3. Yes, this is the best option for TN and KL.
    For Chennai and Bangalore teams, it would be Avinashi-Annur-Mettupalayam-Kotagiri-Ooty
    For Coimbatore and Kerala teams, it would be Coimbatore-Annur-Mettupalayam-Kotagiri-Ooty

Maybe we all can sync up and join together after Annur and drive together from there ;)
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Thankyou Shams for the suggestions. I have suggested exactly what you said above about staying overnight at Bangalore.
    But, majority of the team as of now is opting to stay at Mysore. I really have no clue about the stays and roads, the members who are suggesting Mysore have lived there for around 4-5yrs and are quite sure that it would be more convenient for us. Will keep you informed on the progress of discussions.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Anandh, Both Bangalore and Hyderabad teams do not need to go via Avinashi/Mettupalayam!
    We would climb from the other side passing Gundlupet and proceed either via Masinagudi or via Gudalur to Ooty.

Have to decide whether to take Masinagudi route (kalhatti ghats, 40 hairpins) or drive through Gudalur (scenic route, 30 kms longer without hairpin bends)
    2 people like this.
  6. Oops! How did I miss that!. So this route is for the Chennai team. Thanks for pointing it out ;)
  7. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    Punto is made for curves and thats the best place where you experience the dynamics of the car. When other cars slow down at curves the punto takes it from there. Well then its the divers choice of what he needs.

8. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Since climbing up Ooty will have quite a few hairpins, I think Hyderabad team would not mind driving extra 30kms which would be Scenic.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Both routes are Scenic.

Masinagudi-Ooty is very steep with too many hairpin bends and adventurous too. You guys can probably try both the routes (for onward and return).
    1 person likes this.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    very rightly said but I didn't get your point here Nimish! which one are you suggesting out of the two!
    One has hairpins and the other is full of curves ;) both of them are equally inviting for our Fiats so its a difficult choice!

My personal choice is the kalhatti ghats route though!! For first timers it 'll be really exciting experience..

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Kalhatti ghats has 36 hairpin bends to be exact but the height gained in each hairpin is much more than in any other ghat roads of south india. Its like we have to drive continuously in 1st and 2nd gears!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.