1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Source for power supply (12v) under dashboard

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Viny, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Hi,

I am trying to figure out source for power supply (12V) under dashboard which I could use to connect accessories.
    Can any one point me the location from where i could pull out a 12V connection without cutting any wires.

Thanks.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    put a connector on the cigg lighter and pull out a 12 volt from there.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    :irked
    Any other option.
    I need power supply that can be used for multiple accessories, which are controlled using the empty switches available on dashboard, just under AC vent.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    the only way is to catch a competent electrician and ask him to tap 12V from the fuse box by plugging wires without slicing any.
    i tapped all the wires from beneath the fusebox when i installed aftermarket tacho with shift indicator in my alto.
  5. sushilbiddu

sushilbiddu

Karnal
    Shift indicator in alto???????????? Great. How you did that?
  6. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    Well Viny bro, i have a thought, which i wanna use in my ride. Just get a relay(like horn relay) and take the switching signal from the cigg. lighter cables underneath the center console by using proper clips ( male female clips) so as to save the warranty. And get the power directly from battery after adding a fuse in series. In this way u can use many accessories without voiding the warranty. How is that.
  7. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There is fuse in the fuse box under the steering column, F32 which is marked as fuse for sub-woofer, as we don't have sub-woofer in punto/linea, you can take the output of F32 as a source for 12V power. And, you have the advantage fuse protection without adding additional fuse carrier. The fuse is rated at 15Amps.