1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Soon to be the owner of a Punto 90 HP MJD

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sumit Jagdale, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Sumit Jagdale

Sumit Jagdale

Pune
    I've paid the booking amount for the Punto at Pandit Motors in Pune. I got a call today to make the final payment. I requested the PDI but I was told that they would have to finish the billing and pay whatever octroi charges to bring the car from their stockyard to the showroom prior to me seeing the car.

I was under the impression that the PDI would be done prior to final payment. Am I mistaken? If I do make the final payment, am I committed to this car regardless of any defects it might come with?

I remember reading a post somewhere about how the VIN carries info on the manufacturing date of the car. I have been unable to find that post again. If someone could help me out by posting the link here, that would be great.

I have read through enough posts on this forum so I have a pretty good idea of what to keep in mind with respect to buying the car. A big Thank You to all for creating and maintaining this forum so that first car buyers like me have a knowledge bank to count upon.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    First welcome to Fiat family.

You are right, if you pay all money, you can't do anything afterwards. If they are not ready, I would suggest to go to their stockyard and do PDI. Don't worry for dusts and dirtiness, but do PDI, here is the PDI list, download and print - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?748-Fiat-Punto-Linea-PDI-Checklist-download.

If car is in stockyard, they should provide you the VIN, do check this thread (http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/sho...icle-Identification-No.)-Decoding-Year-of-Mfr) and decode it.
  3. Sumit Jagdale

Sumit Jagdale

Pune
    Thanks Ravi, for the advice and the links. I will be speaking to the guys at the showroom again and insist that I get to check the vehicle at their stockyard before any other formalities are completed.
  4. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    Hi Sumit, I don't think there is any need to pay full amount before completing the PDI. If they insist given then that 2% amount and ask them to get the vehicle for the PDI. Alternately, as Ravi has mentioned complete your PDI in there stockyard which is in Hinjewadi. If you are working near hinjewadi then it's very near from the mezzanine chowk.
  5. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    Welcome to the family of Punter's club and happy to see more and more 90hp added to the crowd. Its a beast in itself.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Welcome aboard and congratulations on booking the "Mighty 90". :)
  7. Sumit Jagdale

Sumit Jagdale

Pune
    I just got back from the dealer. I am in a position to demand a change in the car even after full payment. I just have to ensure I conduct the PDI prior to the RTO registration. The Hinjewadi stockyard is used if cars are being delivered to PCMC area, for Pune City the stockyard is in Sahakarnagar. I will be conducting the PDI there on Tuesday, all the holidays this week and now the weekend has pretty much delayed delivery. I will update then. Thanks once again to everyone for your help and the warm welcomes.