1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sony has one of the worst service centres, EVER

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by abhinit90, Feb 5, 2013.

1. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Now a days FB & twitter are used for these purposes only.... :)
  2. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Sony India doesn't even have a twitter page and the international page doesn't reply

Complaining on the facebook page is of no use, as I've tried, even complained but I'm talking to the manager towards which all the mails go, so it's a dead-end

They've agreed to replace but on the condition that in case of any fault I won't be entertained
  3. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    if you are a high profile customer then ranting in twitter does help. :p
  4. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I have tried to tweet against Vodafone twice & got the instant replay from the zonal manager with the number on which you can call during working hrs.

Also both the queries solved within hrs. For tweeting against the company you need to follow that company first.

You must have done it like this only. I guess..
  5. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Did so, but not having an India Playstation page doesn't help :|

They've agreed to replace it on the condition that in case of any problems "I won't be entertained"
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    My experience with Sony service is impeccable.

I bought Sony 3D LED TV from Dubai. I made sure that it carried International warranty. After 7-8 months, there are horizontal lines appearing on the top 15 cms of the screen. Barely visible. But the difference was there, in colors too. I surfed the net, asked a relative who is a techie, the verdict was that the LED Panel needs to be replaced.

I sent a strong mail to Sony. Received a call from the call center. The 1st thing they told me that the TV purchased from Dubai does not carry warranty. I said I've warranty car specifically mentioning India in the country list and Sony India as the company for honoring the warranty. He then simply said that in that case, please mail us the scanned copy. I scanned warranty card, Invoice etc marked all relevant sections in bold red and sent it to them making it water tight case. From next day onwards, Sony ASC started calling me and kept me updated. In 2 days the part arrived and Sony ASC continued to follow up with me when they can come and replace. It was replaced under warranty.
    1 person likes this.
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I think this is the state with most consumer electronic companies nowadays. Best you can do is make sure that you buy from a renowned brand shop. Most local shops who claim to be authorised dealers put theirs hands up once they have delivered the CE goods

I have managed to get my microwave purchased from Reliance Digital replaced due to manufacturing issues. However, I purchased fridge from GGN local dealer chain and issues were not attended by the dealer or the company
  8. @speedjet,

You summed it up nicely, no one know which product would see hence the support structure always seem to be thin,supply never matches demand in our country service sector is no exception.this is one of the reason why people always want buy only sucessful products as service and support becomes a question if the product is not taken off like rocket in the area of sales and advertising.

-Sat
  9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Sony india does have the Twitter page....

sony.jpg

Guys please first follow Sony india on twitter & then tweet with #tag...

Sony guys has to call u back ASAP after this.... :)