1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sony has one of the worst service centres, EVER

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by abhinit90, Feb 5, 2013.

1. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    So my third PlayStation 3 is giving me problems from the second day and the problem is linked to the specific unit.

It can be sometimes reproduced and sometimes not, the problem has been shown to their engineer.

I've submitted the PS3 to them, they are saying they'll return it if they can't find the problem.

Stupid company is stupid
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I think the state of Sony service is uniform across the country. Same state in Chennai too. My next door electronics repair guy does a good job than the so called Authorised Sony Service.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    i'm not sure if its related to only sony.. Almost all brands care less about customer satisfaction ..
    I know a lot of guys who are having problems with samsung panels and they are fed up trying to call for help...

I'm having a water purifier from aquaguard and those idiots have not turned up for regular servicing ... They had once even forged my signature on a service sheet (which i caught hold of and gave them a piece of my mind) ...

I think what we need is a better customer forum where such issues are addressed/resolved at once and the company can be sued for issues with there products.
    This is of course easiest to speak of since nothing here will ever change ...
    1 person likes this.
  4. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    They were so nice until I bought it.

That sums up the after sales service of almost all the companies in India.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Sony has cheated me badly in past. I had bought a DVD player - was very costly earlier. And the lens was not working right from first day. They didnt replace the unit and said they will repair it. 3months passed by and still there were no signs of repair. They replied that part is ariving from japan.

Later i had to take goons to the service centre and threaten them. Later they repaired it in 1 week and handed over to me. The unit was in dirty state as if someone used it in this time.
  6. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    It's high time companies stop taking people for granted.

I wish we had better consumer courts, as I really can't do anything :|

I mean atleast in US and all you cna fight for your right, here in India though they are doing a sort of "ehsaan" on us
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    excuse me people ....
    you are ruining things for me here... After waiting for nearly 20 years to play video games and another 4 years more becuase of work i finally managed buy a PS3 and this is not the sort of welcome i like..
    :(
  9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    But the Sony's devices I am using till date are very fine & working as expected.
    I am having,

1) Two DVD players of sony, 1st one is around 11-12 years old still giving me the proper put for all audio & videos. 2nd bought it for USB is 4 year old now & till working fine.

2) Sony 43'' Projection TV, 6 year old now. Serving the best till now with every year complete cleaning from Service Center.

3) Sony universal remote, 6 year old now. Only battery recharging required after every 3 months

4) Sony bean 1gb media player, 7 year old now. Still producing good quality music & good battery life too

5) Sony ear buds, 7 years old, no issues till now.

6) Sony Headphones, 7 years old, no issues till now.

7) Sony PS2, 4 years old, No issues at all.

For bean, headphones the body is got some damages due to my rough usages only.

Apart form this I didn't get any troubles from Sony's products which I am using.
    2 people like this.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Why worry dude. Things happen. It's not a certainty that your PS3 will go kabooom as well.

Enjoy it. :)