1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Songs You Listen on a Long Drive...

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by cannonera, Dec 9, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I usually make sure that I have adequate song collection during my highway drive. Right from Ilayaraja to G.V. Prakash. But, always end up with not concentrating on the songs while driving on highway. Its always the drive which I enjoyed the most than the songs. But, I enjoy hearing good music while commuting in the city. :)
    3 people like this.
  2. cannonera

cannonera Amatore

Bangalore

srida! "Super Like!"
    Oh! I had heard this song in British Airways Advert long long ago... still remember the visuals, that of people meeting in an island!
    It will be in my Playlist forever! Cant stop playing it again and again :)
    Thanks for the share srida!!! "Super Like!!!"

Regards,
    Hari

ps: any more music choice of yours in any genre..please share :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I avoid new songs because of less stress on meaning. Old one whether it is Hindi Tamil or Malayalam are my favourites.
    A meaningful lyrics complement a meaningful drive. Some time we also get the romantic touch from car when it perform few curves and in some rare occasions the songs will also complement it. For example I have first heard the song "Jho bat tuj me" from Tajmahal(in Punto) when I was driving punto first time in Ghat section. I never experienced the brilliance of that level before and the song was ideal for that moment for its performance. The car offered much more than its stylish look.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Kishore hits, lata - Asha hits, Kenny G, Titanic, Enigma, Regional oldies
    1 person likes this.
  5. Thanks Hari. Nice to see someone liking my choice which is very rarest for me. My family, friends, colleagues nobody liked this that much. They said it is OK nothing wonderfull. So whenever I travel I dont get chances to listen to this kinda music, because everybody says Play latest movie songs. Though I like listening to western albums, tamil/hindi songs these kinda music makes me feel special to have such a taste. I will surely share my choice of music in this thread.
    1 person likes this.
  6. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    I have this song in a CD of instrumental songs. I love it! As you have mentioned, its great for a speed run!
    1 person likes this.
  7. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ilayaraja songs are a must on long drive. In city driving most of times enjoys the songs of Chandrababu and A.R. Rahman.
    1 person likes this.
  8. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Aria is very good but Yanni has so so many wonderful tracks that you can just keep on listening ethinicity,tribute etc are so wonderfully composed . Hope he performs in India once again in our lifetime!!!
    1 person likes this.
  9. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    These songs + Open highway + T-Jet = Nirvana!

1 person likes this.
  10. acechip

acechip Superiore

I listen to (believe it or not), West African music. Dont know if some of the music lovers on the forum have had a chance to listen. Here's a sample selection of a vast collection . Musical greats like Habib Koite, Ali Farka Toure, Toumani Diabate..Malian music has peculiar similarity to indian music.
    Habib Koite Sirata - YouTube
    Habib Koité - Takamba - YouTube
    Habib Koite & Bamada - Mara Kaso - YouTube
    Toumani Diabaté - Cantelowes live at El Real Alcazar - YouTube

And then when I get bored I get back to Joshua Tree (U2) and finally, my Ragas Todi, Sarang, Multani, Marwa and Yaman for a change. (Vocal and Instrumental).

Bollywood favs, although I have neatly arranged it decade-wise in that usb drive tucked into the Linea glovebox, are rare selection on long drives.
    2 people like this.