1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

*Sometimes unable to open driver's door from outside

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Vijairaj, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Vijairaj

Vijairaj Amatore

Chennai
    This happens occasionally - The car is still on, I get out and close the driver's door. Later I try to open the door from outside and I couldn't.
    I am able to open the other three doors from outside and it's also possible to open the driver's door from inside. I have this issue from the beginning. I informed about this during the last service and they did some rust cleaning and greasing but that didn't help. I am not worried about this but sometimes lock/unlock using the remote also doesn't work - I have to press lock/unlock 5/6 times are use the key.

* Just wanted to check if anybody else also facing this issue.
    * How to explain this to the SA as the problem doesn't happen every time.
    * Can this be a due to a improperly fitted door after installing sunfilm
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    I had the same issue with passenger side door, cable of door handle was adjusted as told by ASS

Change the battery in the remote
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  3. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    For mr my Left door , Some times it opens and doesnt closes by remote only we have to press inside of left door handle and then lock all , A big head ache
  4. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    Ohh... so I am not the only one facing this issue. I face this problem for left rear side door. Whenever I try to open the left rear door from inside the clip thingy doesn't come out. Faced this issue 2-3 times but it's not consistent. Will show it during my next servicing.
    Never faced issue while using the remote though for the driver's side.
  5. cannonera

cannonera Amatore

Bangalore
    Vijairaj, has your issue been resolved, I am facing a similar problem, please find my post here:
    www.teamfiat.co.in/minor-issues-questions/5728-driver-side-door-not-opening.html
  6. chetang

chetang

even i had the same issue, also i got this repaired/adjusted 3 times and replaced the driver side handle lock, after that got frustrated then blasted the TASS they did some adjustment and now it is working fine, there is spring they use to adjust for the handle lock from outside nothing else.
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I had this problem on the very day of my Punto's delivery, but with the passenger side door. I guess the accessories guy messed up the cable while installing the speakers in my case. Got it resolved in an accessories shop the next day. Never had a problem since then.