1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Some water dropping down after using AC

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Deepak R, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello,

I just found today some water dropping down the engine compartment. I used the AC for abt an hour and came back home. I have noticed it for the first time since i don't know abt it. What is it actually?????:)

Thanks in advance
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    It's just the normal AC ''condensation etc water'' which drips from every AC, be it car or home .

Cheers.
    2 people like this.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I misunderstood the situation as water found inside the car. So provided the link. Sorry for creating confusion.
    Enjoy the drive:)
  5. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    You will always notice a little water on the ground where you have parked it's nothing but A/C water outlet like gurjinder said, no need to worry
  6. saroshmk

saroshmk

Hyderabad
    It is recommended that you check for the dripping water under the car. Sometimes the drain pipe gets clogged and can cause the condensed water from the AC can flow into the cabin (as it happened in my case). It is a positive sign if it's dripping :)
  7. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Also with your experience, please let me know how should i direct the vents so as as to blow comfortably to the rear as well???? Also for the cabin to be cool enough, should i first open the windows for the air to enter in????
    Thanks in advance :)
  8. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Its normal deepak , all cars have that while driving you wont find more , while standing still water dropping will be more noticed. same concept like our home AC water outlet we hve
  9. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for the info vijay :). I got it.. I am asking regarding the flow of AC. How should i direct the AC vents so as to reach those sitting at the rear members confortably??? Mine is manual controlled AC. Also what should be the fan speed??? :)
  10. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Point them to the roof..