1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Some system for creating a welcome message in our cars

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by PaddleShifter, Oct 15, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Thread for chat/discussions/comments/anything off-topic

Thanks. :p
    I'm visiting our local electronics market tomorrow to talk to those people over there if they can make anything that will play a "recorded message" from a small speaker, on the press of a button.

Materials I've already got:
    - spare door sensor of my Xenos Central locking system of Maruti 800- To be used as button.
    - Speaker that can be powered by three AAA batteries

All I need is the circuit board or the brain of my dumb AI creation. Name of the AI will be "Cortana" ::V
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    yashik bhai, here i am with my 2 cents. How about a FIAT logo displaying on MID while welcom message is playing.
    Btw yashik bhai, no need of whole indipendant set-up, it might be dealed by wrighting a programme & synchronising it with our key on "MAR'' position??
    Well for that programme writing we must need help of our members who are ''Programers.''
    I believe its possible. Just need some experts who can understand FIATs complexivity.

OMG! Yep it is possible! Yashik bhai, just remembered that when i installed ''ECODRIVE'' on my Linea, from that day, when ever i start my journey, message pops up on MID ''ECODRIVE'' & lady voice of Blue & me says,''ecodrive has been switched on.'' whithin 5sec. as i crank up my car!
    Volaaa! It means we can programe these commands & insert in pendrive. Once it is installed in B&M box, we are all set to have fun!
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    @yashik.. your setup is very simple and would work; but I have point to make . May be you have already considered it ; but just in case. Since you are planning to put the button in the foot well where the driver would "indirectly" press it when he/she sits; then it is possible that during the course of driving when he moves his feet or readjusts himself ; the button might repeatedly get pressed and even when the driver does not want ; he would keep on hearing "Welcome , a very good morning to you ".
    Unless the "sensitivity" of the sensor is such that having being pressed once, then till it does not feel the total removal of the load it would not resend the info to speakers. No one likes his secretary to greet him with a good morning every time she meets !!! :clap:
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    We do have a system that provides full Outlook Synchronization with custom messages that goes into cars costing upwards of INR 50lakhs. It detects your device (mobile/laptop/tablet) and synchronize when you enter the car and then greets you and provides voice alerts for your schedules.
    The development of it should not be very costly, but as of now such features seems to be available only in vehicles in that range.