1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Some facts about performance tuning

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by drifter, Dec 21, 2010.

1. darkshooter

darkshooter Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    How much would be performance improvements on 1.4L punto/linea? Would there be any considerable low end torque increase?
  2. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    With the AIR for the 1.4 there is definitively a big low end torque increase. And the re-map will help it too;

When testing the AIR for the 1.2 Grande Punto we were 2 in the car and the engine slowly gained speed when accelerating from 1300rpm on an incline!

On the 1.4 Linea the quoted ) to 100kph is 19.8. When we had re-map and AIR tested the time went down to below 13.3 seconds, which was measured with drivr and one passenger on board.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @drifter: 13.3 Sounds interesting, and what was the impact on FE? Probably bulk production of AIR in India would get as better pricing too :)
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @drifter

Just asking , are you the same 'drifter' who used to post in a forum run by a popular Yamaha RD350 (also cars now) tuner based in Bangalore. Who happens to be a Parsi. Who also sells his own CDI kit for the RD350.

P.S. Im avoiding taking any names.

Gurjinder.
  5. arjun

arjun

hyd
    @drifter
    will the service center guys able to pick up the remap with their tools?from whatever info i have gathered across the web it says its easily picked up and my warranty would be void.

the remap u do is any different or will it be picked up?
  6. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Re: Re: Some facts about performance tuning

Hmmm.. Interesting... Peter also a parsi ? :D

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  7. Thanks Peter for the clarification. :)
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab

Not 'Peter' , but im referring to the guy on whose forum a certain ' drifter' used to post.

The guy who owns that forum is a RD350 n cars tuner , is a parsi and sells his popular CDI kit for the RD350.

Gurjinder.
  9. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    Impact on fuel economy is positive. But it does not improve dramatically in petrol engines.

Unfortunately bulk production is not possible with silicone pipes. They have to be made by hand and importing the raw material is very expensive too. The current pricing is adjusted to the prices when production will be done in India, which we are soon starting. The preparations for the production are under way.
  10. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai

Can't be me, because I tend to stay clear of bikes other than re-mapping.