1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

some DIY on GP 90 HP

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by sathishgv, Jul 10, 2011.

1. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hey guys,

Yesterday i did some DIY thing on my 90 HP. Earlier my rear washer was not working so i took the car to the TASS and they rectified it. But on driving back home i noticed that my front washer was not working and after two or three washes the rear washer also did not work. I have read earlier in some posts that the washer tube might get disconnected. So i decided to give it a try. On opening the bonnet i saw that the tube to the front washer got disconnected. Probably the service guys after connecting the tube didn't fix the tube with the clamp and so it got disconnected. I fixed the tube and secured it in the clamp. Now on activating the rear washer i saw water from the middle of the bonnet and not from the left side tyre. Anyway i opened the cover concealing the wiper wash liquid vessel and found that all the tubes were intact. On tracing the tube that goes to the rear i found that the connection that branches out to the front and the back was found disconnected. Opened the grill sort of thing and fixed the piping and now both the washer works fine.:clapping
    Also, my desmodronic key was not working properly. On pressing the release button the key does not spring open and i had to mannually "pull" the key. So decided to give it a try. During the visit to the TASS the service guy said that there is a screw benath the fiat logo in the key. So ripped the logo out and saw the screw. i slightly loosened the screw and voila the key springed open.:danceAgain tightened the screw and the key does not spring open. So loosened a bit till the key opens.
  2. Dear Satish,
    This is the problem in my punto also. rear washer tube often comes out. i have used cable ties to fix it.