1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Somanathpura

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Folks,

Which is best fastest route reach Somanathapura? I am visiting mysore tomorrow, was thnking about covering somanathapura en route.
    I have had bad experiences with roads i too to this place last time:eek:.

-Sat
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kanakpura Road should be better route.
    I went to Mysore (actually Bylakuppe) last week, and lots of new humps have come-up. Going to Mysore is headache now, with normal route.
    1 person likes this.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    +1, If its on a weekend, Kanakapura route is always better. My aversion towards Bangalore - Mysore highway increases everytime I use it!
    1 person likes this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    as others have said, your best bet would be kanakapura road!! I like it so much that I actually try to find reasons to drive on NH209. It would be butter smooth two lane without humps till malavalli. after that road conditions will deteriorate a bit. traffic is sparse on this road when compared to SH17.
    Ravi, whats there in bylakuppe? google says its a tibetan settlement! also its very close to the monastery in kushalnagar. is it a good place to visit?
    1 person likes this.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    shams,

Yes its a Tibetian colony and Buddha temple is the main attraction. Here are couple of pics from my previous visit -

Fin68.jpg

IMG_5392.JPG
    1 person likes this.
  6. Mysore road used to be a delight to drive when they did the fourlane work but after which series of accidents made reason for putting road humps.Also people drive like crazy on this road.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes.
    There was one temple (Golden Temple), otherwise nothing much.
  8. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

As the others have said, taking the Kanakpura route would spare you the headache of chaotic traffic and speed-humps, and taking a left before Bannur (check Google Maps) will take you to Somanathapura.
    1 person likes this.