1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

[SOLVED] Unable to engage any gear. WHat can be the issue?

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by nitinkumardba, Aug 27, 2012.

1. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

I talked to him. He confirmed that they will take my car to workshop. I am just worried about complete clutch assembly. Do you think it may need complete clutch replacement?
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That's quite unlikely.

From your description of the issue, i believe the clutch is fine but the cylinder is the culprit. The pressure plate is not being pulled off the flywheel, as it should be normally, due to faulty cylinder.

Let me know tomorrow how correct/incorrect my diagnosis turns out to be.

Cheers.
  3. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

sure, i'll update you.. Leave me your contact number, talk to you if required.
  4. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Sorry nitin bhai for missing your calls (was in office till midnight). It seems to me that the master/slave cylinder is faulty. Do not drive the car to the workshop. You do have RSA right? They will tow it to the workshop for free!!
  5. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Guys, it’s found as Clutch Pump leakage. Clutch pump is being replaced now. Though it’s covered under extended warranty but claim may take 2-3 days and I've to leave my car in crowdy Him Motors. So I decided to pay from pocket, Rs 1500. I am sure I'll save few dents by this payment.

Also, suspension upgrade kit has been installed. Though I never felt I need it but my suspension was not working properly. Now waiting for beauty to come out and drive it.

Gurjinder Paji, you were absolutely correct, Clutch has not gone bad.
    2 people like this.
  6. redtux

redtux

Trivandrum
    Its better not to drive the car. Kindly do what gurjinder has suggested.
  7. gurjinder

Punjab
    Good to hear that bhai.
  8. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

A good news at the end of the story. I took my car after clutch Pump (may be it master cylinder) replacement and GC upgrade kit installed. Mr. Sharma silently processed my ext warranty. He chased insurance company and got it claimed by the time of billing. I am just like he he he he he he!!!!!!!!!

A big thanks to Mr. Sharma for quickest treatment and claim.
  9. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    That's great customer service. Only because of Mr Sharma and his team, I mustered the courage of adding another Fiat to my garage! Cheers!!
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    You said it right Nitin veerey. One can trust Mr. Sharma to do only what's needed and find the root of the problem. At some other TASS , i wouldn't have been surprised to hear them recommending Nitin veer-II :))) to get complete clutch kit changed. And later finding that the cylinder was faulty.