1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Solo trip to chennai

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sathishgv, Aug 3, 2013.

1. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you sandipan da. Of course it was a long one and i originally planned only upto chennai but it got extended upto thiruvarur and then upto rameswaram.
  2. Congrats on completing the trip..
    Earlier toll amount used to come up to 960 between bangalore kolkata stretch..now with almost all the tolls operational in orissa it has increased to 1260.but still its worth it considering the road we get.
    @what speed were you driving to get that mileage eh?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  3. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    satish you are right, munger is in bihar. i will take slightly diff route. from munger i will be going to deoghar then onto NH2 at asansol, then a right turn to raniganj and then to kharagpur and to balasore via NH60. and then on to NH6 after that.

something like this:
    day I-munger to bhubhaneshwar via kharagpur (786 km)
    day II-bhubaneshwar to hyderabad (1068 km)
    day III-hyderabad to goa (650 km).
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    satish,
    thats great man,i guess you have done continous drive from Bhanpur till rajahmundary,92 Kms before rajahmundary,means nearby eluru or dwaraka tirumala ?
  5. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yeah arnab its very true that the roads from vishakapatnam to bhubaneshwar is very good. I drove between 80-100 kmph strictly and without AC for most of the journey.

Sumit any special reason to take this route. I would not recommend the kharagpur to bhubaneshwar route (NH60 mostly upto balasore)

Eluru and dwaraka tirumala is after rajhamundry. I stopped 92 kms before rajhamundry somwhere in mid of tuni and annavaram. I did drive continuously but not from bhanpur as my friend who accompanied me upto vizhag drove intially may be upto brahmapur from bhubaneshwar.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    satish why dont you recommend route via kharagpur? is it not safe even for day driving? but the road are very good and driveable.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Satish - one small suggestion. When you use snipping tool, please select some extra empty cells as well, so that the TFI watermark does not mask your data.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  8. Route is very good...I did it at night from bihar(chhapda)to bhubaneswar, just stay on the GQ.

9. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    agreed to stay on GQ. but going via kharagpur i will be saving around 150 km.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  10. State highway in WB is a mess to travel during day and too risky at night...