1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Solo trip to chennai

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sathishgv, Aug 3, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Hi Satish,
    Looking forward to reading your travelogue with the stats of course. Suggest you to not deprive us of the the photographs. Any particular reason for going solo?:confused:
  2. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Sure i wont disappoint you guys as i have lot many photographs of the MFD :D. Also one nice surprise photograph.No reason just got the right opportunity at the right time. I have already covered this trip with my family in dec12-jan13 (dont get miscarried....went with family in dec left the car there for month and again went back to bring them in jan by car). Also almost nobody is interested in doing such a long drive and the guy who is interested (who earlier had driven solo upto kanyakumari in his ertiga) didnt have the time. So it had to be my trip as family is already in hometown and nobody is willing to accompany me. But at the last moment my closest friend accompanied me upto vizag as he was about to become father (infact he became father to a baby girl en route to vizag)

To start with some stats

Total distance covered = 4340 kms
    Total fuel spent= 246.72 liters
    Total amount spent for fuel = 13655.53 INR
    Total amount spent for Toll = 2213 INR
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
    3 people like this.
  3. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Guys need help. I have made a trip sheet in excel for both up and down travel but could not paste it in table form. Please enlighten me.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Take a screen-shot and post it here. Open the Excel sheet>Press Print Screen button>Open MS Paint>Paste>Select>Crop>Save as JPEG image>Upload in TFI.
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
    2 people like this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    What J. Ravi said. Alternately, if you are using windows 7 or windows 8, you can use snipping tool to do the same.

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There is table option as well, on Advance editor option, however what J Ravi sir has mentioned above is easy and better option -

table.JPG
    1 person likes this.
  7. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    even im planning a trip from munger to chennai or goa via odisha. i hope your travelogue helps me too. plz post lots of pics of the road between paradip and chennai.
  8. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes i think the above two options mentioned by J Ravi sir and patchyboy is lot easier as i have already prepared the excel sheet. I have tried the table option but i cannot paste an existing table into that and i have to start from scratch. Will follow Patchyboy's method.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Here is my first part of trip sheet.

tripsheet1.PNG

Also some photographs of my MFD

MDF at the starting point in paradip

IMG_20130803_140039.jpg

This is when i reached Ace autocars, cuttack, NH5

IMG_20130803_155555.jpg

Mileage as indicated in MFD
    IMG_20130803_155603.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
    3 people like this.
  9. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Sumit sorrry to disappoint you. Since only mileage was in my mind i did not take any photograph of the roads. But from bhubaneshwar to chennai the NH is very good except for the stretch between vijayawada and nellore where conversion of four lane to 6 lane work is under progress. The roads are good but you have to take frequent diversion and also while leaving and entering vijayawada you might get caught in heavy traffic. Otherwise you will have a very smooth ride from bhubaneshwar onwards.

Since you said you will be starting from munger, bihar (correct me if i am wrong) i assume that you will take NH2 (via durgapur, kolkata) then onto NH5 (kolkata to chennai) let me give you a word of caution. The stretch between jaleshwar to Balasore(which comes under NH60) is horrible as roads are cracked and repair work is going on so the traffic is merged to only one side. Though i did not travel in this stretch recently, but a friend of mine told me this. So if you know some better route to take upto bhubaneshwar apart from this it would be better.
  10. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi SATISH, Congrats for completing your journey---quite a long one--eager to hear your experience.
    1 person likes this.