1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Solo trip to chennai

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sathishgv, Aug 3, 2013.

1. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hello guys,

Leaving for chennai from paradip, odhisha today afternoon. Could not join Mr. J. Ravi on his trip to Leh so took this opportunity to do a long drive. Planning to do the trip alone. Purpose of the trip is to measure the performance of my 90 HP beast and also to test my endurance (kidding..........). One thing is sure in my mind to find out how much mileage i can extract from the 90 HP. No Time schedule and targets to achieve. Going for a joy ride alone.....

Wish me luck comrades!!!. Don't expect photographs but i will post my experiences after returning. chao for now!
    6 people like this.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Bon voyage. Have fun.

You should get the best mileage by trying to stay in the fifth gear as much as possible and maintaining a cruising speed of 90 - 100 kmph.

All the best.

Rajan
  3. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Wishing you a happy journey. drive safe :)
  4. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Happy Journey bro.
  5. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you guys. Sure, safety is my main concern. The point is that you should be fit and fine after a long ride to feel the enjoyment otherwise there is no use in going for a long drive.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Bon voyage. Drive cautiously as you will be driving through the coastal Andhra Pradesh where anti-Telangana agitation is going on.
    1 person likes this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I guess you should be on way by this time. Let me know your availability in Chennai. We can try to get together. :)
  8. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you for your concern sir. By the way nothing like that happened during the trip except for one incident which i will elaborate later.

Sorry bro. Plan changed didn't stay in chennai. My trip got extended upto rameswaram. Will surely plan the next time. I have always wanted to meet the chennai fiatians for a long time. May be try to join the chennai meet next time.

The trip was a sort of hectic. The routes covered during this trip was Paradip-thiruvarur-rameswaram-trichy-thiruvarur-Paradip. Returned today afternoon only @ 14:00 hrs. Just now sorted the toll receipts and unpacked the luggage.

Going to take rest now and will continue writing soon..........
    1 person likes this.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It looks as if you didn't stop anywhere between Paradip and Thiruvarur. Too agressive drive? :D
  10. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I did stop but did not stay in hotel. I took rest for 2-3 hrs and then continued driving. I am just consolidating the trip sheet that i recorded. Will start my travelogue soon.....
    1 person likes this.