1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sold Figo & purchased Grand Punto Mjd Exotic Red

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mayurshah, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Mayur,
    Thanks and i suppose i can add some pointers here..

Due to the lengthy dashboard and the bonnet area compared to other cars, you or one feels that its not visible when seated at the low position. But we hav a seat adjustement in height too. So put it at highest position and youll not feel that better.

In the new Punto (2013 refreshed models) the speakers are better and sound quality is nice too.

I liked GP steering response compared to Liva. Never ever was interested in Figo, hence not even touched it ;)

Rear leg room, i am not sure. Compared to Liva yes its less.
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ford knows how to make cars and Figo is one good car in it's segment. It wasn't a surprise if you are driving a Figo and wanted something better, Punto is one of the car that qualifies. You have already owned a car so just take it easy. I don't know why you listened to your head earlier but Punto is very much "fill it, shut it, forget it" kind of car, demands least attention from the owner.

Just take your time to tune your driving style to MJD, know where it likes to up-shift and downshift, better to keep "Instantaneous Mileage" flashing on driver info. display. Gear changing would be far lesser than a B-Seg petrol car and will suit your pocket better at filling stations. Do take care of things like coolant level, engine oil etc.. Best way to have a glance at the floor while reversing you car if there is any oil/coolant deposited there (make it a habit!!). Open the bonnet and have a quick glance every 3rd-4th day. Since it's a 2nd hand car, pay close attention to noises from the suspension if there are any and get it rectified. I would tend to believe that it is already done and confirmed. For visibility etc., those huge pillars, sporty looks and sharp curves like a typical European car do create some visibility issues but only till you get use to the car. Start using ORVMs while reversing and once it gets into your driving style, you will do just fine.

Don't worry about those Magazine/media propaganda, this is most sturdy car in this price range and will take anything thrown at it with aplomb ease. Happy driving!!
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mayur Congratsz and welcome to TFI

Nopes,though being HPS punto steering is smooth and flexible and with very good feedback.
    Have you tried cornering at speeds as compared to Figo ?
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  4. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Welcome to TFI Mayur..congrats for buying Punto..good to know that u sold Figo to buy Punto..Post pics of ur Red Hot Beauty..Punto has HPS steering whereas Figo has EPS steering i think..so cornering on high speeds in figo will not inspire confidence and will be devoid of feel from steering,no steering feedback and not involving and fun to drive in high speed corners like how punto does..
  5. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Mayur ..nice choice..BTW..how many kms done on punto ?
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Nadeem, figo also has hydraulic steering setup like all ford cars. it is lighter than puntos steering but gives a good amount of feedback and is also good to drive on corners, the fun being second only to punto in terms of steering feel and handling! no doubt punto is better but figo is also quite good in many aspects and does the job well! i have a figo petrol in my native and have driven it quite a bit hence my comments!
  7. I remember a Figo driven at 160 kmph on NH4 and was taking corners with ease, but i thought it was foolish as the service roads are not meant be driven in such high speeds.Except for under body getting scrapped/hit it is a good car.
  8. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    Thanks enki for your suggestions & tips will keep in mind the things u have mentioned

- - - Merged Post - - -

Sure will upload pictures very soon

- - - Merged Post - - -

Am very glad to b part of this form getting warm welcome from all....r there any forum members meet happening in bangalore recently ? As u all knowi its a used car wouldflb greatful if u guys can try your hands on my car & suggest and highlight me what should b taken care & good place to get things rectified if required.
  9. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    Thanks sashank Its already driven 40000

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks nadeem for warm welcome...yes as Shams mentioned even figo has HPS & iam also not at all comfortable with EPS..from my 1st car Esteem (sold)then Opel Corsa (sold) ..figo (sold) maruti versa dx2 (ultimate joint family car in its segment) all l HPS (except versa) now Punto & We have Maruti SX4 its very nice car but its EPS which i dont like..actually this is my 1st diesel car.

- - - Merged Post - - -

No ganges not tried that.. will try and give my feedback on it
  10. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Ya shams you are right..but Figo comes next to Punto in steering feel and handling department..

- - - Merged Post - - -

My Pleasure Mayur..yes EPS are not comfortable on highway driving and while cornering on sharp turns and ghats..great u owned all HPS steering cars except for versa and SX4 which have EPS..Punto is also my dad's first diesel car..Happy miles on ur Punto...post pics of ur Beauty soon..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.