1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

So here begins the story:Punto evo 90hp

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Aviral singh, Jan 12, 2015.

1. george

george Timido

kerala
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @ sapam

I always put diesel from supplyco..and i wont rev it harder...will check with service again and i will reply ...anyways thanks for the reply bro
  2. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @george, by not rev'ing it harder I guess you mean to say you drive under 2k rpm. Please, correct me if I am wrong.

If you have been driving under 2k rpm for long, it would be nice to go above 2k rpm to clear things up. Stay under 2K rpm until the engine comes to optimum temperature, ie. about 2-3 km or until the Temp needle is at 50% mark pointing up at the sky. After that when ever you get change take it above 2K rpm. Even at city traffic you can achieve that by shifting up after rpm > 2K, say 2.5k-3.5k depending on your comfort level. That will ensure that the Turbo is working out and not hibernating. Also, you need not do this all the time, but doing it every once and while will definitely keep the Engine and Turbo happy and Free of congestion.
  3. george

george Timido

kerala
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Sapam I meant to say what youu said ..i will check with that broo and ill surely reply you...bro hows ur puntoo ? Rocking??
  4. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @george, my punto is rocking, except the known USB->AUX when honking issue. I'll get it fixed in my 5K health checkup. I even went to Otty last month, will write a detail travelogue soon. I went by Krishnagiri->Topur and then took the state highway. The road was amazing and I couldn't resist and opened up the throttle when every possible. Got a mileage of 15.7kmpl as I was not under 100kmph most of the time.
  5. george

george Timido

kerala
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @ sapam yea broo puntoo rockss. .stability of the punto is amazing ...i too had a usb issue got fixed.... and my oil pump was alsoo replaced.....i should saay our fiat service is not good in our city :-( after replacng the oil pump the coolant level goes low while working they had done somethng wrong....anywys waiting too see your travelogue ...wsh u a great day bro .. stay blessed..
  6. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Now finally completed 2045 kms, not many highway runs just mainly city and a little bit of highway driving, range issue resolved by itself at I filled diesel again, and there is no left side pulling issue all now, car seems to preform well now, right now no niggles, fuel economy which I am getting is 16.7, I think it's improving day by day as the engine is opening up, sound Of the engine has become smooth, and I have touched the mark of 150+ in my car, felt amazing stability, just went straight like a rocket, high speed stability is just awesome,but I just feel steering to be a bit harder at slow speeds, but overall its been a nice experience and now planning a long trip soon, will up load pictures soon, and that jerking issue is not there with my car, I think now machine is running in perfect condition.just one problem till now I haven't found a right seating position and yes when I set the steering wheel to the lowest level then speed console and other details gets hidden under it,its a very big ergonomic issue I think and happily it can't be rectified too.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 23, 2015, Original Post Date: Apr 23, 2015 ---
    And one more query how to manage that extra acceleration that the car maintains in each gear,I mean in traffic its very difficult I again and again have to press the clutch to avoid hitting the car in front of me.please share some views on this.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Good to hear you are not facing lot of niggles.

For the Extra acceleration you mean the Idle crawl speeds in each gear ? i,e. in 1st the vehicle crawls at 5-6 kmph without accelerator. 2nd - 10 kmph. 3rd - 20 kmph

What I do is not to change to a higher gear very quickly . if the traffic is moving at 10 kmph.. at times < 10 kmph.
    I do not swift to 2nd , instead rev in 1st upto 2000 -2500 rpm. Only when I am constantly moving at 2500 rpm in 1st. I downshift to second. you will have lesser gear shifts this way . and much better for the gearbox/clutch as well.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    My car giving 13.4km/l, with full Ac on in city is it normal??
  9. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Yes Aviral,
    It is absolutely normal, FE depends mainly on traffic conditions & rpm when the gears are changed so don't worry.
    Enjoy your drive .

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Aviral singh likes this.
  10. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I believe you are talking about the acceleration in first two gears here. One trick is to shift to second gear earlier. Give slight acceleration in first gear, as soon as car starts moving shift to second. Car will pull in a much linear way in 2nd. Thus you can avoid the sudden surge of acceleration in 1st. Just try this out.
    prabhjot likes this.