1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

So here begins the story:Punto evo 90hp

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Aviral singh, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Guys any idea why the range has now become constant on my car ,no matter what amount of diesel I fill into my car it always shows range :77km ,showed it to service guys they said drive the car for some time then they will fix it.
  2. Neeraj Bajaj

Neeraj Bajaj Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Do you reset both the trips?
  3. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Iam joining the party late and congratulations !!! on the Evo. Don't worry this is normal behavior on TC engines , however just get the air filter cleaned up once which should definitely reduce the black smoke to a an extent.
    What are your average speeds on the highway, as far as I know 15+ is a very decent number for heavy Fiat cars however as we all know FE is directly proportional to individual style.
    Also don't worry too much and enjoy your car .

This should be an issue for sure. Range has nothing to do with the trip meters. As this is auto calculated by the ECU based on the amount of fuel in the tank vs driving pattern. Have the same checked at FASC and also please toggle between the other MID options and see if you find anymore faults.

The evo looks magnificent in Grey however there is only one picture of the car on page 1 in the thread of 7 pages.Take some time out mate and share some frames for us to drool over .
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. george

george Timido

kerala
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    can anyone tell me the stephanie tyre size of punto evo 90hp
  5. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello George as far as I know all the spare tyres are 15 inch apollo non alloy wheels in both Punto and Linea.
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

Try removing the battery lead terminals and fix it back after about 20 minutes. It will reset everything entirely.

Abdul
  7. george

george Timido

kerala
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    thank you brother pradeep :D.........
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 12, 2015 ---
    my fiat punto evo 6 mnth old car emitting black smoke ..i know diesel car emits smoke but it is new car and im in bit confused..excess smoke going when gear changes..is it normal can anyone help
  8. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @george, try opening up your engine and turbo by running in the turbo range for some time, maybe that will clean up the black particles.
  9. george

george Timido

kerala
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Sapam

Bro i said this issue in my frst service they said a line in the egr was not tight thats y this is happng and they checkd wid sme cmpter or smthngg and they concluded that there is no issue . But still the smoke persist thats y im worried. Bro is it a serious issue??.want to take the vehicle to the service centre?
  10. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @george, there might be other unseen issues, but all we can do is make sure the issues we know are eliminated. Try changing the petrol bunk, bad fuel can result in black smoke sometime. Even driving in economy zone ( < 2000 rpm ) can accumulate black particles.