1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

So here begins the story:Punto evo 90hp

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Aviral singh, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Aviral, i am too experiencing the same issue. Even though I idle the turbo for 1 min before starting or shutdown. This is not normal behaviour In my opinion. My dad's Mahindra used to do this. I strongly feel this is due to some issue with engine mount. Yes, the engine does vibrate slightly when it falls off but it should not be too pronounced.

I tested the same thing on a friend's ddis engine and the vibration was really low on shutting down the engine. I am supposed to take my car for first service in couple of weeks, will update you on the resolution provided by ASC.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    So ,if it happens to be any issue with the engine mount then ,will it be a big job for the ASS to do ,I mean ,I feel very sad,but it should not happen with new car .let's see what happens god knows.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Do not worry about it bro, you have warranty and you have EW too (correct?) so just enjoy the car. Meanwhile if and as you confirm it is more pronouced, ask them FASC people to report the same to Fiat and provide a resolution. At worst your engine will have another brand new set of mounts (shoes). Don't worry about it man. Just ensure that a similar shudder? is not there in other MJDs; just to be sure about your perceived problem.
  4. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yes,today called the mechanics to my place they said its normal and I can check in other avventura and Punto evo at their showroom,he was pretty confident and he said I can do any long tour also till kanyakumari ,no problem with the car everything is fine he said .now will surely kick these niggles and will enjoy the car.and that water under the car he said was of AC.:)
    prabhjot and mangeshtendulkar like this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Aviral singh

This diesel mount thing is a rumour most probably fuelled by people like you who are genuinely surprised and worried about the slight shudder that's there at shut-down, perhaps folks who are coming from petrols? Who knows? Until there's evidence of it being anything more than 'aisa hi hai'/'like that only': don't worry even slightly. We don't on our 75 hp Punto, and it's running just fine! Good to see the FASS/dealer providing you with the requisite help and advice.

So when are you driving to 'Kanyakumari'?;)

cheers
    Aviral singh likes this.
  6. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Aviral singh , @prabhjot : The engine mount may or may not be cause. Slight shudder is expected, the worry starts when the whole car shudders when engine is killed. The shudder that i am experiencing transmits through whole body. I will check it out in other models on my visit to SC. But i must admit that the so called mount issue also has a big hand in shaping my perception :It may or may not be an issue at all, fingers crossed.
  7. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    @Aviral singh - IMHO the shudder while switching off is quite normal if it is a diesel. Both my Crdi and Innova shudder though it is more prominent in innova being a bigger engine. So, No Worries and enjoy driving the beauty.
    Aviral singh likes this.
  8. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you kgramesh for your suggestion.i am surely enjoying the car but its just that one needs piece of mind , when one gets it , everything seems awesome:)
  9. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    @Aviral singh you should try my non-turbo indica...it belly dances when switching off....and still it has driven 1.5 lakh km like this....I'd say its pretty normal for a diesel engine...
  10. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Can anybody tell the black carbon deposit on the silencer is normal ,and when I accelerate hard in any gear the car gives visible black smoke but when I drive it normally it doesn't give ,can anybody tell why is this happening and yes there were some sparkling type deposition crystalline type in the cloth from which I cleaned the silencer.average I am getting is around 15.6 ,70% national highway and 30% moderate traffic is it normal .??guys help needed ,sorry was unable to post pics because was out of station .