1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

So here begins the story:Punto evo 90hp

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Aviral singh, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    True in current context post split with Tata. I have owned a santro for may years and only time it visited a service center was for regular servicing. But again, that's my personal experience with Hyundai. There are other people who were not as fortunate as me. Also, in our 7+ years of ownership of Santro, the service costs increased many fold.

Fiat may be cheaper in terms of maintenance costs however it is still miles away from being a fuss free experience of ownership. Just hope that the new management in India goes extra mile in ensuring a good QC.
    prabhjot and tweeting_fiat like this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Rahul Singh I agree, however just to nuance the discussion: the real question is NOT the real quality/reliability levels statistically speaking, which I firmly believe are more or less in the same ballpark for all carmakers (including Tata, excluding Mahindra?) BY NOW, but (a) the perception of 'guaranteed' 'fuss-free' ownership associated with certain brands and diss-associated with others, based on BY NOW dated experiences and perceptions from the days of the Santro revolution in mass market car quality

and (b) the fact that folks in this market seek what they are told by the diffuse 'herd' of common automotive opinion ie., 'fuss-free' ownership i.e., appliance-like ownership, to SUCH an exorbitant degree, ignoring so many other essential aspects of car ownership (build, safety, good brakes, good suspensions, proper-sized and specced tyres etc).

AND, moreover, are willing to pay huge premia for the same, mythical 'fuss-free experiences', something the 3 dominant players (MS, HY, H) are EXPLOITING to the hilt.

The City, I am bewildered by this, sells for a lakh and a half more than a Linea or Fiesta, is the FALSE Honda-reliability/quality really worth that much even if it were true, which it is not, the new City's quality levels are plain awful compared to the Linea's? Similar things can be said about Hyundais' now-very premium pricing of the cars, of warranties, spares and ASS labour.

And so the other firms like Fiat, Tata, Skoda, VW, Chevy, Renault, even Ford face the seemingly impossibly difficult task of changing perception through huge improvements in quality/reliability (EVEN though they are already more or less as good as MS/HY and H, looked at objectively and shorn of the herd common sense about brands) even as they make huge losses from their Indian retail operations? I mean, Tata motors claims that the whole brand-transformation exercise launched with the Zest and Bolt has cost over 3000 crores!! And still its success is to be doubted.

But yeah, Fiat still has several low-hanging fruit it can pluck to improve customer experiences!
  3. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot : It's people like you and me who contribute to building the 'Fuss Free' ownership image over time ;). To build an image takes time and to destroy the same image few horror stories are enough!

Will i recommend a manufacturer if i have to visit service center 10 times a year?Answer is plain and simple No.

Fiat enjoys a very unique position in Indian market, despite selling negligible amount of vehicles they are still profitable due to engine sales. They should look into improving the process and providing delight to existing owners. This will provide the much needed word to mouth publicity and will go a long way in improving perception. This will take some time but that's how Maruti and Hyundai have built their reputation.

I have owned a chevy also and my experience with them was not bad. I did look at Honda City before buying Avventura and trust me the build quality was very Honda unlike, they have embarked on a huge cost cutting exercise it seems. I almost booked an Elite i20 but unfortunately for Hyundai, i test drove Avventura the same day :p. I don't regret my decision of buying an Avvy over Elite, even though OTR it was 50K cheaper than my Avvy. However, i just wish that the fuel pump issue was not there at the very first place in my new car and i would have been happier if it was resolved in my First visit rather than 4 visits that it took. Had the QC been better, a defective Fuel pump would not have been fitted at the very first place!
  4. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet

@ Rahul Singh- Sorry to mention the statements are contradictory.:cool:

@ Prabjot - Needless to say how MS & HY scores over others. But in case of Honda, it is a name we all have heard since our childhood and is perceived as a trusted name by majority. More over, Fiat is behind everyone if not the last to market the outstanding features of their cars. Poor SWOT analysis..
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Nope they are not. I am happy with my Fiat but i will not recommend IF i have to go to SC 10 times a year. Basically the second part is a statement for a would be scenario. Hope this clears the confusion.
    bharath and prabhjot like this.
  6. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    So ,tommorow I am going to get that sound system issue rectified,hope after that there would be no niggles,and yes I have started enjoying driving my fiat .the interiors are very classy ,and those were the one of the reasons I wanted to go for fiat instead of swift .I am happy now some issues but its okey .

Driving Experience:its a much better car to drive then the 75 HP ,because there is very negligible lag ,and the average which I am getting is okey from my prospective,very smooth on road,great road presence,here in Lucknow everybody just wants to have a glimpse of it.its such a attention grabber,the steering feel is very awesome,the ride quality is excellent,and just one more issue to be resolved,after that I hope it serves me well
    sandipan_r15 and pabhishek like this.
  7. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    So after driving her around 600kms ,its a mean machine ,awesome pick up and today did 130kmph for 5 mins awesome stability and control ,defeated a fortuner ,he only indulged in racing ,couldn't resist my self and bang ,at last he gave up,but its hard to overtake a fortuner especially when its doing three digits.:) and that sound issue they said its due to defective USB slot,and they had this issue in several cars,he said they will call me when they have the spare in stalk.But over all very happy with the machine.and one more thing should I concentrate on run in limit of 2.5 rpm or should I enjoy ,any harm in not running in the machine.??
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Aviral singh

Not harm at all, the engines are already 'run-in', but who knows? Be prudent and restrained for a while, though, I'd say, don't over-rev, and remember on open roads to keep altering revs from time to time. But these are probably unnecessary precautions! Still.

cheers
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    No @prabhjot, these are not unnecessary precautions mate. Its just that advancements are such in engine manufacturing that harm to engine does not come to notice. Go as per manual or what company suggests @Aviral singh.
    mangeshtendulkar and prabhjot like this.
  10. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Update:today finally spend one full day to sort out the USB port issue ,now its fine firstly they changed the whole component then also it didn't work properly so they called the fiat plant and mailed the details and finally they did some adjustments and now it's fine.

I am really sorry for not being able to share pictures as I am very busy nowadays but soon will post pictures,and one more thing when I turn off the car after a drive ,the car vibrates as the engine shuts down,is it normal as the SA said its due to engine falling ,and its natural for the car to vibrate a bit when engine shuts down.is it normal??
    sandipan_r15 and prabhjot like this.