1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

So here begins the story:Punto evo 90hp

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Aviral singh, Jan 12, 2015.

1. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Aviral.. Hope you are enjoying your ride. Small niggles will be resolve, don't worry too much about them. Check with your SalesA/ServiceA on any small issues.

I was expecting a big details from you regarding the experiences as per your activity during inquiry process was quite huge and detail.
  2. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Rahul Singh ,what all things they open ,what all procedure they did to fix your car.???
  3. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats AVIRAL.Enjoy your EVO 90 HP & post your driving experience.
  4. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    To be honest not much, they just lifted my car and a technician got underneath it. 15 mins later he said it's done :p
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Aviral singh

I just adore your mix of paranoia about and love for this Fiat! Both at the same time and equally intense!;):D

Cheers man, am sure TFi has just got itself a(nother) pukka Fiat enthusiast!;)

keep posting updates, and/or queries, ok?

enjoy.
    ghodlur and Rahul Singh like this.
  6. tweeting_fiat

tweeting_fiat Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Aviral..Congrats on your purchase. But I understand your purchase experience has been far from satisfactory, primarily concerning the quality issues these cars seems to be plagued with (esp with electrical issues- seen far too many cases of airbag failure/battery and charging issues etc) . I am rather surprised to know why the new cars (2014 updated models) should be plagued with such niggling issues . How many years does it take to get QC right with Fiat or its vendors, If I remember they have already taken light years to road test the Evo and Avvy (W/O new engine options)

As usual, I hope the car rewards you with the driving experience in return :).
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Well, I don't know about that: am not aware of any such "airbag failure" or battery-related problems or how, when they do occur on old cars with batteries that are aged/dying, that counts as a Fiat QC issue?

There still are one or two other, imo minor, niggles that seem to be cropping up in 2014 cars: a blue&me earthing issue and a left-pulling alignment issue on some cars (I too have a 2014 Linea and it is superbly perfect, in its eighth month). QC issues at Fiat and/or its vendors are just a function of our own slightly over-skeptical/critical/biased? lens, these 2 apart.

In this same period: there have been far bigger and more serious quality issues, and lots of recalls, reported from firms ranging from Ford (diesel engine glow plug modules etc) and Chevy to Honda (new Honda-s have a whole slew of quality deficiencies and gremlins) and Maruti (abysmal crash safety failures, clutch and touchscreen setup on new Ciaz) and even Hyundai (battery discharging on the i10 grand and Xcent) or Toyota (airbags).
  8. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats @Aviral singh

Hope u get the Sound system issue sorted. Tell us more about the drive.

Wish u a fun and safe driving.
  9. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    After owning a new Avventura for 2+ months now, i would say QC leaves a lot to be desired. However, i agree with you that other manufacturers had bigger issues. But are we all not FIAT fans and want it to succeed as a Car manufacturer in India?

The minor issues are not a deal breaker but imagine when you have to get a fuel pump replaced in a 1 week old car (Happened with me). There is some thinking to be done at FIAT with respect to QC. The cake is superb (read cars), all it needs is a better icing (read QC)!!
    prabhjot and dadasaheb like this.
  10. tweeting_fiat

tweeting_fiat Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Yes, I am not saying new cars won't have issues, any car will inherently have some or the other issues. My concern is why should the same issues be common to so many cars and if so why would Fiat not issue a recall for these.

I guess half of Fiats service woes (apart from regular maintenance) would really be solved if cars are niggle free and more reliable=lesser ad-hoc visits to FASS= lesser chances of dissatisfaction. Somehow I feel the negative after sales service perception has more to do with QC than actual service competence.
    prabhjot likes this.