1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

So here begins the story:Punto evo 90hp

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Aviral singh, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    So,now I own a fiat punto Evo 90 hp,after a very long research of one and a half months,and a lot of discussion from current punto owners,thanks to people out here @pdash,@Sandipan-r15,@prabhjot,@saketsidana,and i dont remember the names but thanks to all for your opinions and views.So and it was by chance that i came to know about this beautiful car and atlast i own a 90 hp (intead of 75 hp or a swift), and today when i look at it i feel so proud,its looks that good and already people on road have started to stare at the beauty.

So firstly the delivery expirience:it all started by the second Pdi done by me after that alignement issue ,but on that day everything seemed to be fine,so that day around 3:00 clock i took the delivery of the car,as seat cover was not fitted by the showroom(Reson:as told by SA that afer few days when seats will stretch a bit then they will put it on)and then only mud flaps were fitted to the car.all the features were explained very casually as if they are very simple to understand,thier service manager was very knowledgeable (from Volkswagen ) but when it came to explain about the music system and trip meter he was struglling a lot.Atlast all features were explained but not satisfactory.took the car straight to hanuman setu mandir ,then again to another mandir,then straight away to home,as it was raining ,and unfortunately on the first day only a lot of mud was under my car.but next day washed it,till now have drove about 432 kms,and average:14.0 kmpl mostly driven in city.

Problem:Many times when i press the horn the music system stops and resets and sometimes doesnt play back also ,then again have to shut down the car to make it normal,will show to FASS,but i think it happens occassionaly,hope it happens in front of him.but its very irritating .and i dont know they will be able to fix the issue or not.lets see hope it goes by itself only.

here are some pictures not so good quality exuse,they are from my mobile.:)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 12, 2015 ---
    IMG_20150111_135803617.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Aviral singh

Let me be the first to congratulate you on the Evo. The colour looks rocking on the car and I bet the car must be rocking on the roads too. Only one pic doesnt do justice to the ownership, take time and click some fantastic exterior and interior pics of the 90Hp and post them in this thread.

Regarding the horn issue, do show it to the FASS at the next available opportunity, surely this minor irritant should steal the joy from enjoying the car. Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Congrats @Aviral singh for your newly owned pride.

I had a same issue in my Linea. Got it fixed from FASC, issue was with the faulty earthing (prevalent in facelifted Punto and Linea). FASC (Pandit Auto, Pune) took approval from FAIT as my car was new (less than a year old). Same is the case with you, so suggestion is to visit FASC, tell them the issue (give them reference to my problem if that helps them) and give them a week's time to get approval from FIAT. Once approval is in place, fixing the issue is a matter of couple of hours. I can totally understand how irritating this problem is especially on long drives. I had been to 2 long drives with this issue and my wife was completely irritated with this issue :mad:, finally I switched to Aux from USB player and things came back to normal :).
    prabhjot, sandipan_r15 and asimpleson like this.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats @Aviral singh , Thats one beautiful color you chose!!

Happy Riding and ownership days ahead!
  5. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Okey so @mangeshtendulkar do they have to open a lot of things to correct it or it was just a minor fix ,what all they did to fix it?
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats @Aviral singh, you see why I told you to stay Bindass earlier. Thanks to @mangeshtendulkar, you problem already has a solution. The earthing issue makes total sense of-course. HUs, amps and most electronic equipment malfunction if grounding is not there.
    AmeyKhedekar likes this.
  7. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    So how will they do it,any clues.and should I continue playing music or should I stop doing that.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Its nothing big Aviral, it might at worst involve scrapping some body paint at a hidden area behind dash or inside the engine bay. If wire is already there and not making proper contact. Or it may involve laying/attaching a fresh wire or two to multiple devices to make sure it reaches the grounding terminal. There was I remember one such terminal on the left hand side foot area door/pillar corner, covered normally with plastic moulding. Ofcourse, removing/refitting the HU or other electronic device malfunctioning could be necessary.

It would be great if you get this issue fixed sooner than using the HU.

Best of Luck..!
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  9. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Aviral singh : Congrats on the new beauty. The issue with horn and music system is due to a faulty earthing. My Avventura had an issue where the system used to reset to radio when horn was pressed. Takes 15 mins to fix it.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats Aviral Singh. Magnesio Grey is a colour with class. But we badly need a detailed drive experience report, please..:joyful: