1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"Snow White" Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Harsha89, Mar 18, 2016.

1. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3

This should not be an issue Harsha, you can enjoy the music on ignition. Also you would need to trun on the ignition only in case you wish to the music from the USB drive, other wise you can change the audio settings so that option for radio / aux remains on even when the ignition is turned off.

Argh !!, the left pull is the most known notorious issue. The issue can be fixed, but it needs patience and a a few circles to FASC to get it in order. The ECU update I acknowledge is a definite boon and has improved the overall drive-ability. The MJD will start behaving better after the 2nd service and post 20k KM. From what I heard from owners is that the MJD will completely settle down and perform at its true potential after 30K KM.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  2. TANUJ KANDARI

TANUJ KANDARI Timido

PUNE
    PUNE
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Is the ECU update for post Jan-16 models also?
  3. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    There is a possibility that the latest update (in regards to emissions) is applicable to the Jan 2016 90HP MJD's, Kindly check with the FASC in your next visit.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  4. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @PradeepM Thank you for your opinion. The steering pull is mostly rectified. I asked the question about the engine opening up and the service advisor didn't have a clue about it. Glad that I've got Team Fiatians covering me for it. The engine has already opened up well, pulling strongly from the 3rd gear, I can only imagine how it would be post 20k kms. In this regard, I think the Punto 90 HP hasn't been given the attention it deserves. It's engine is on par with the i20 and Jazz and also to the polo 1.5 TDI, ONLY after it has opened up completely, that is post 5K kms. Cheers and thanks for the reply.
    linea4me and PradeepM like this.
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @harsha: My 90 HP has crossed 24k recently. I can very well say that the engine has opened up very well and has become very free revving. I reach 2500-2700 RPM in 2nd and >3000 RPM in 3rd gear in no time. I am sure the 0-100 timings would also have improved considerably. I mostly fill Shell diesel and the engine sounds nicer and feels more free revving, after it reaches the operating temperature.

BTW when did you get the latest ECU update done? And is there any considerable difference in the way the engine responds ?
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    prabhjot and PradeepM like this.
  6. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy They called me 2 weeks ago and informed me that an ECU update is being pushed out to 90 HP owners. They told me that it was mainly for emission control and there would not be any change to fuel consumption or performance whatsoever. But I did notice a difference in both. Bottom end is good now, no more rpm/speedo needle lagging behind the engine revving sound, lol...It has about 75 percent of the bottom end my Swift VDi had. But the equation changes from 3rd gear onwards and it transforms into a high speeding white boulder :) Try calling your SA and asking about the update..I heard some parts of India haven't received it yet. Here in CAI FIAT Coimbatore, they told me that they were among the first to send out the updates..Don't know if its true or not. :)
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  7. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    So far no news on emission ECU update from Marvel fiat for my car!

@Harsha89 It's time to change from Fiat Enthusiast to Punto 90HP :)
    Harsha89 likes this.
  8. TANUJ KANDARI

TANUJ KANDARI Timido

PUNE
    PUNE
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hello all, just called SA, the update is for selected vehicles only. They've already called the respective owners. Can anyone crosscheck with their SA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @KPR Thank you :) I've changed it now. :)
  10. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    That is correct, I received the same feedback from @sajibabu from Bangalore.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.