1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"Snow White" Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Harsha89, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @KPR I'll do that. Thank you :)
  2. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hi @Harsha89 .
    First of all congratulations for becoming a Fiatian. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your detailed review. I feel like need to learn from you how to pen down the review. Really enjoyed reading the review. Surely agree that, there is no tiredness in riding a fiat vehicle.

I am enjoying my Avvy to the fullest and I am fully content for having this car which I never felt when I had Figo. After owning the Avvy only I became more enthusiast to have long drives. I even booked Avvy without having test drive also. That much confidence I had in Fiat.

Anyways, There is no need of any Teflon coating and as @aramico said there is nothing called as Teflon coating. I use Armorall wash and wax detailer for polishing and Aromorall wash and wax as car shampoo.. These two works like a charm for me. I do the wash every week and detailing with wax every two weeks. Even brazilian works good for detailing.

Regarding Tyre pressure, I maintain 31psi for all four wheels and use nitrogen gas. I feel drive is smooth with nitrogen gas and there is no heating of tyre also. Moreover, if use nitrogen, I only check air pressure two months once. and see the pressure coming down only by one or two points. I would recommend to use nitrogen gas.

Once again congratulations for buying Evo.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2016
    Harsha89 likes this.
  3. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Giridhar Thank you so much for reading my review. I'm glad that you liked it :) I'm not aware of the brand Armorall but I'll definitely check it out. Due thanks for the advice of fellow Fiat-ians such as yourself, I'm happy that I didn't fall for the Teflon Coating trick..Even a lot of other people online have disapproved it. I was running on 33 psi at the moment due to high temperatures here in Coimbatore, but I'll reduce it now. When I was set on getting a new hatch, the Avventura was the first car I test drove, I immediately fell for it, It was unbelievably refined and gobbled irregularities on the road, but I didn't want a crossover, also wanted something a bit low slung, hence settled for the Evo 90 HP. Enjoy your Avvy and happy motoring :)
    Giridhar likes this.
  4. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Harsha89, you can use some shampoos from meguiares or armorall or gyeon (bathe / bathe plus). I would suggest you to wash the car once in a week. You can increase the frequency if it gets really dirty. Then just dust it off every day using Jopasu duster. Also you can try rinse less / water less products from optimum car care / Proklear / Ultima if the car is less dirty. Waxing can be done once in month or two based on your preference. For more details / info you can go through DIY car care thread on this forum. Enjoy your drive and have many more happy miles.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    Harsha89 likes this.
  5. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  6. Raj_Hari

Raj_Hari Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @harsha, i have recently upgrade my rear speaker to JBL 6.5 inch coax, but didnt feel any difference. Its absoluttely important to have a amplifier all four to have good sound inside the cabin; without it upgrade will go useless
    Tornado likes this.
  7. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Raj_Hari Thanks for the tip. Would you be kind enough to suggest some good 4 channel amps ? Did you sound proof your rear doors while changing the speakers ? I had my eye on the Infinity Kappa 52.11i Coaxial speakers for the rear, have plans to upgrade the front components too at a later point in time. Sound is lacking in Punto, overall it maybe adequate, but avid listeners would be disappointed.
  8. Raj_Hari

Raj_Hari Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @harsha, not sure sound proofing would help either, seems the audio player in punto designed in such a way the front channels are amplified more than the rear. When i made changes to fader to hear the rear speakers, it was complete surprise; volume at 15 isnt still audible. We need amplifier to power all four speakers to have a proper balance of sound inside the cabin.Based on my research Blaupunkt - EMA 455 - 4-Channel Class A/B Amplifier looks very decent enough to power all four speakers. My recommendation would be upgrade speakers only with Amplifier, if not it would be bit disappointment being said that our stock speakers way more than good comparing the competitors. FYI..Stock Rear speakers are just 20watts RMS and made in china, i have upgrade it to 60 watts RMS JBL 5.25
    KPR likes this.
  9. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Raj_Hari I had that particular amp model in mind too, also some other JBL 4 channel amp. I'll be upgrading the rear speakers to Infinity coaxials within a month and I'll also try to push for an amp. The front speakers seem adequate for now, but would definitely upgrade in the future. How I wish Fiat had gone for a better OEM sound system like the Ford Fiesta or the Elite i20. Those cars had the best OEM sound setups below 18L. Thanks for your suggestions and happy motoring :)
    --- Double Post Merged, May 24, 2016 ---
    I have a doubt. When I wish to play music via the Blue&Me Media player, the car should be put in the "IGNITION ON" mode. Would it be bad for the spark plug or any other heating components or battery if I played music in this way ? I mean I don't want to always have the engine running in order for me to listen to music stored in my USB drive. Punto owners kindly relate.
  10. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hello everyone..back here after a long time. I thought team Fiat was done for good, and then BAM !!!! An Email telling me they're back online was one of the best news I've heard in a while.
    I've had some ups and downs with my 90HP over the past 2 months of ownership. I've reached 5800 km within the period, hit the car on a kerb twice , mainly due to the poor frontal visibility. But the experience has been mostly impeccable and enjoyment levels always hit sky-high even if it's a 5 min drive. The engine has opened up considerably and it's relatively free revving now.
    A wheel rotation and balancing with alignment was done during the 5k service, which screwed with the steering, producing a lot of left pull and destroyed the steering feel completely. I got it checked again and after 3 trials, it was rectified. But even now the steering pulls a little to the left during slow speeds or after 150m in a straight line at speed. I would request the other owners to please relate if this pull is normal or not. Also after the last ECU update, low end performance is very good, pulling well in the first two gears. Also could anyone tell me if my car's performance will improve further after I reach 10k kms ?
    Regards from a fellow FIATian.
    Turbothinghy, KPR and PradeepM like this.