1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"Snow White" Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Harsha89, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  2. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Harsha89 Good to see you enjoying the beast.
    Harsha89 likes this.
  3. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @KPR Thank you !!!
  4. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hello Everyone,
    My Evo has covered 990 km to be exact, and it has been running superbly. I have some questions, which hopefully could be answered by fellow 90 HP owners..
    1> What is the ideal tyre pressure when travelling alone and without luggage ? I have 33 Psi on all four at the moment.
    2> Is there any way to use the Blue and Me Media player without turning on the ignition ? I've heard before that turning on the ignition for a long time could result in early damage to the ignition coil or something.
    3> I'm yet to add a teflon coat to the car, I have a plan to do it within the month. Is the under body coating with a 5 year guarantee from 3M a worthy investment ? They have mentioned that it also improves sound insulation apart from protection.
    Here are some of my observations :
    > The car is very comfortable to drive both in the city as well as the highway..The bottom end lag is barely a hindrance. I wonder why people make it look like a big deal. Even if there's a lag, its only present until 25-30 km/hr, after which the car just flies.
    > As @Turbothinghy had suggested earlier, the car snarls after it reaches 3k RPM :)
    > Though the car is a bit tall when compared to other low slung cars like Polo, it just waltzes into corners in a way that no other high riding car would be able to..Excellent chassis balance and mechanical grip.
    > I've finally come to the conclusion that the rear speakers are crap :) Planning to upgrade to components soon. Would I need an amp to power a pair of rear components along with the front ones ? Or would the head unit's inbuilt amp suffice ?
    > Glove box for all its damped release and lighting tricks, isn't able to store much. I'm running out of space to hold things.
    Thats all for now, here are two pics which I snapped today to show off my Fuel efficiency :) It was driven in mild-moderate traffic mostly in 3rd and 4th gears.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 12, 2016 ---
    image.jpeg Excellent mileage. My swift used to give only 18km/L despite being 160 kg lighter.
    image.jpeg 11 km more to reach 4 figures.
    image.jpeg After a wash
    image.jpeg
    Last edited: May 12, 2016
  5. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Harsha89 Why do you want to do teflon coat? Somehow I'm not convinced with what locals claim as teflon coat. One can buy Collinite845 wax and DIY for best results instead.
    I maintain 32 on all tires and are good enough.
    Update me on what you are planning for rear components man.
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
    Harsha89 likes this.
  6. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Harsha89 , There is nothing called teflon coating for the cars. Actual teflon coating is done in very high temperatures, which our car paint cannot sustain. As @KPR said buy some good shampoo & wax maintain it regularly. This should suffice.
    For TN weather I think under body coating is worth the investment. But I would suggest you to wait for a year as the FIATS already have some coating done for under body. I am not sure about the sound insulation part of it.
    Harsha89 likes this.
  7. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @KPR @aramico Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to stay away from Teflon coating. Any suggestions for wax products and also advise on the time interval needed for wax application and cleaning.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    yes @Harsha89 get the anti rust coating done. Its a good investement in a coastal/humid region.
  9. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy I was planning to..3M have mentioned on the website that it's adds a 2-3 mm thick rubberised coating which insulates the underbody from road noise, chips and chinks from stones and also rust protection with a 5 year guarantee.. Thank you for advising :)
  10. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Harsha89 As mentioned in my earlier post, collinite 845 is good. You can go through thread on maintaining/detailing on the same.
    Harsha89 likes this.