1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"Snow White" Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Harsha89, Mar 18, 2016.

1. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Harsha89 .. Nice review. yes Evo grows on you. It's true with all FIATS. More so with EVO.
    Yes you have to switch off every time on refill. Otherwise it takes time to show exact fuel levels. Also fuel range will be shown automatically once fuel gauge reaches full post refill. You can even switch off the ignition & check.
    Harsha89 likes this.
  2. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @aramico Thank you for reading. :) Thing is I didn't perform the first refill UPTO the full mark after taking delivery of the car, it was very hot here and I thought filling upto the brim wouldn't be a good idea, I'll be sure to try it next time. But don't you think, even a half tank of fuel should get to show the exact km range for the fuel available ? I mean that's how most of the other cars perform.
  3. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yes it would show up exact range with whatever left in the tank except when it's in reserve

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    Harsha89 likes this.
  4. karaka

karaka Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.4
    I would say approximate range, it again depends on city limits or highway. So mostly it got to be an approximate estimate.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk
    Harsha89 likes this.
  5. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Harsha89 .Whether you fill tank full or for Rs. 500 just switch off completely.

1. Get down from the car.
    2. Stand near the fuel lid.
    3. Double ensure that the refill process is completed smoothly with DIESEL added.
    4. Go inside the car and switch on now. You will find in order fuel level indicator, distance to empty.
    Wait for car to run for few kms for distance to empty to return back to normal reading (~600+ kms in case of tankful)

The above practice is required to ensure that you are not cheated by any of the petrol pump idiots anywhere in India. And also a precaution to ensure not to fill with petrol.
    Harsha89 likes this.
  6. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @KPR Your method is very fool proof :) I'll be sure to follow it from the next time. Many thanks.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 2, 2016 ---
    @aramico I checked once again today, and the fuel range function is intact, it shows 577 km for about 75% of the fuel gauge. Maybe it needed time to work normally, as of now the car has just run 312 km. Thank you for your advice :)
    --- Double Post Merged, May 2, 2016 ---
    @karaka Thank you Sir :)
  7. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hey Guys..This is a minor update about my Evo 90 HP. The Car has covered about 600 kms as of now. These
    are the things that I've observed in this brief 5 days ownership :)
    > Engine seems to have become a bit more tractable and smoother.
    >I've forgotten the word "Tired" after driving the Evo, you simply never feel it, no matter how long you drive, or how bad the roads get.
    >AC is very effective, Cools well in 41 degrees Celsius. The AC vents near the window throw very less air, nearly negligible.
    > Classy and very smart looking black interiors. Best designed ones in the hatchback segment.
    >I've upgraded my headlamp bulbs to Philips Xtreme Vision Plus, following advice from @KPR thread :) Thank you Sir :)
    >Engine does feel laggy with the AC on, when compared to it being off. But its mostly felt only in lower gears, I wish fiat would've gone with a slightly higher capacity engine like a 1.6 for such a heavy car.
    >Speaking of engine performance, I feel the turbo boost the most in 4th and 5th gears, 3rd gear is good enough, but the surge is comparatively less. Would the performance improve further ? Current 90 HP owners please advise..
    >Many cars overtake me when I'm in the 2nd or 3rd gear, but I perform a CLEAN OVERTAKE while I'm in the 5th..It usually take about 10-12 secs to do this :)
    >I find the window tints to be a bit inadequate..Would adding a sun film be wise ?
    >At the moment I'm getting an average fuel efficiency of 16.7 Km/L..Anything over 12 is fine for such an awesome car :)
    >Engine is very refined and very well insulated cabin, at idle the engine gives a buzzing sound like a petrol car and is fairly quiet until about 75 Km/Hr.
    >And Finally Apollo tyres are average at best, I'm waiting for the car to hit 25k Kms to upgrade it.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi @Harsha89 Please find my comments in-line with yours:

> Engine seems to have become a bit more tractable and smoother.
    The engine will become a lot smoother as you go on crunching.
    >I've forgotten the word "Tired" after driving the Evo, you simply never feel it, no matter how long you drive, or how bad the roads get.
    Well, this wasnt the case with me o_O as it took me a lot of time to find a comfortable seating position.
    >AC is very effective, Cools well in 41 degrees Celsius. The AC vents near the window throw very less air, nearly negligible.
    Yup the AC is quite effective.
    > Classy and very smart looking black interiors. Best designed ones in the hatchback segment.
    Bang on!! Even I feel the same. The quality around the doors could have been better though.
    >I've upgraded my headlamp bulbs to Philips Xtreme Vision Plus, following advice from @KPR thread :) Thank you Sir :)
    I find the stock headlamps adequate
    >Engine does feel laggy with the AC on, when compared to it being off. But its mostly felt only in lower gears, I wish fiat would've gone with a slightly higher capacity engine like a 1.6 for such a heavy car.
    Drive more and you wouldnt feel any lag with AC. Even I used to feel the same way earlier, but now I dont feel any difference.
    >Speaking of engine performance, I feel the turbo boost the most in 4th and 5th gears, 3rd gear is good enough, but the surge is comparatively less. Would the performance improve further ? Current 90 HP owners please advise..
    IMO 90 HP's best gear ratio is for the 3rd. It pulls brilliantly. Again, drive more, let the engine open and you would feel that the 3rd and 4th gears have awesome pulling power. But, to have fun with 90 HP you need to push her :D .
    >Many cars overtake me when I'm in the 2nd or 3rd gear, but I perform a CLEAN OVERTAKE while I'm in the 5th..It usually take about 10-12 secs to do this :)
    Though the 1st gear is useless, but it serves well in bumper to bumper traffic. 2nd gear has decent pulling power above 2k RPMs. 3rd gear has awesome pull. Try crossing 3k RPMs in 3rd gear (after the engine run-in period) and see it for yourself.
    >I find the window tints to be a bit inadequate..Would adding a sun film be wise ?
    Depends on the cops if they allow :p
    >At the moment I'm getting an average fuel efficiency of 16.7 Km/L..Anything over 12 is fine for such an awesome car :)
    Thats brilliant for a new car. I normally get 13-14 in city and 16-17 on the highway, but I drive with a heavy foot.
    >Engine is very refined and very well insulated cabin, at idle the engine gives a buzzing sound like a petrol car and is fairly quiet until about 75 Km/Hr.
    The engine sounds quite sporty in the higher RPMs, which is a hit for an enthusiast.
    >And Finally Apollo tyres are average at best, I'm waiting for the car to hit 25k Kms to upgrade it.
    IMO the Apollos, though are noisy at highway speeds, are more than decent for OEM standards. And they have great puncture resistance as well :)

ENJOY your beast
    Harsha89 likes this.
  9. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy thanks for your comments :) You've made by day by confirming my findings and clearing doubts. Your comments are well timed :). I rarely see FIAT cars outside, so my only solace is team fiat, to discuss about the thing we love the most :)...Still its pretty sad that it would be non existent after the 10th of June. I too get about 12-13 km/L within the city, thing is the majority of the roads I drive in are rural bypasses and partial highways, so a lot of space to stretch the Evo's legs, hence the higher economy figure..I'm planning on taking the car on a long distance trip with a total distance of about 1400 km.. Should I wait till I cross 2.5k KM or should I just go right away ?
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    You can do that right away but avoid venturing to 3k plus RPMs in any gear and be gentle to the right pedal i.e accelerate gradually.
    Harsha89 likes this.