1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"Snow White" Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Harsha89, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy Thanks for the info :) No wonder the Evo is referred to as the Italian Beast..Beastly in nearly all things except the gear ratios, I guess..Even the speed masking is brilliant..When I test drove the Evo, I felt the acceleration was a bit dull in the mid range, and thought that I was going at around 50-55 Km/hr, when I looked at the speedo, it was close to 100 km/hr..It was so relaxed, and you never get the real sense of thrust..Maybe that's why some people find the acceleration to be lack lustre.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Haha. Yes it does feel slower, thanks to the brilliant speed masking capability which is another reason you would want to push her more, in which the Punto never disappoints. It is very engaging to drive, only let down by the gear ratios and ergonomics (though not everyone finds difficult to find a relaxed position). The gearbox and the turbo lag aren't as bad as they are made to look in the reviews.
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    Harsha89 likes this.
  3. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Harsha89 Audio Player - Absolutely no issues and good to use blue&me - "Play something' "shuffle on" "Loop on" and the list goes on. Do some magic for the co passengers with Blue & me telephony and music system. One word- Sophisticated (Like Aravindsamy in tamil movie Thani oruvan ;)) Front - Components. Rear - Crappy speakers. Recommendations: Kindly change rear speakers to nice co-axials or components. Otherwise for a normal requirement the stock setup is sufficient. To enhance your experience, go for a rear speaker upgrade only, that too from a professional who has handled Fiat's wiring. STRICT NO from local accessories shops.
    rkperumala1 likes this.
  4. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    rkperumala1 likes this.
  5. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Harsha89 Please visit a shop. Do free trials of components/co-axials at the shop which suits our player. Then you can decide. In case you buy you have to live with it forever just in case you get not so good effect from it. There is no harm in trials.
    Harsha89 likes this.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yes Hertz has good reviews and its a direct fix. If u have plans for fitting an amplifier later, then try to stretch for Hertz ESK components.

And if you have budget of 8.5k, then go for Morel Maximo components from Paytm. They have the best sound signature. I would also be upgrading to them later.
    Harsha89 and rkperumala1 like this.
  7. rkperumala1

rkperumala1 Novizio

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Knock.. Knock !!!
  8. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hello again,

After a long delay, I'm back at team fiat, but this time I'm closer to my Snow White than ever before. Awaiting delivery by tomorrow or day after, which depends on the FIAT sales person working out some last minute document filing and changes.
    Anyway I've had the time to go to the stockyard and do a PDI, car looks fine and it's a Feb 2016 make. 43 km on the ODO. I'll be posting a first impressions write up as soon as I get my hands on the vehicle. Here are some pictures in the mean time. Until next time, guys :)
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  9. karaka

karaka Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.4
    Where are pictures?

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk
  10. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    20160425_112526_HDR.jpg