1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"Snow White" Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Harsha89, Mar 18, 2016.

1. rkperumala1

rkperumala1 Novizio

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @Harsha89 : Congratulations. Waiting for your extra long ownership review on Snow White :) Nice name there !!!.

All the best & Wish you great miles ahead on it :snaphappy:

Cheers
  2. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @rkperumala1 Thank you very much. Thank you once more for helping out on deciding the final price quote. I got the Final OTR as 8.6L..Didn't ask for any freebies yet, but planning to at the time of delivery..The name was given by a reviewer at motorbash.com when I congratulated him and conveyed my plans of going for a white Punto Evo. The review of the Punto Evo on motorbash is very good, which you may find interesting. :)
  3. rkperumala1

rkperumala1 Novizio

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    You should ask the Freebies before you settle the final amount ;-)
    Checking motorbash now. Thank you :)
    Turbothinghy and Harsha89 like this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @harsha: Try getting the original Fiat mud flaps that don't spoil Punto's look, even though they aren't the best, but I guess it is the best compromise between looks and usability, foot mats and the rear chrome exhaust as free accessories.
    rkperumala1 and Harsha89 like this.
  5. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy Thanks for the info..I'll keep these three items in mind while haggling ;)
  6. rkperumala1

rkperumala1 Novizio

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @Harsha89 : when is the delivery date of your snow white ?
  7. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @rkperumala1 Not Sure Yet..But mostly in the first week of April..The car is supposed to be a March '16 mfd one, hence the delivery date delay..At least that's what I've been informed..Bit busy right now, So I previously asked for a delivery after 15-20 days after paying the booking amount. They had told me that a Magnesio and an Exotica Colour were readily available, being Jan '16 mfd ones, but I didn't prefer both of those colours.
  8. rkperumala1

rkperumala1 Novizio

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Cool buddy , I'm sure you are much excited ;-)
    Harsha89 likes this.
  9. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @rkperumala1 Excited for sure :) Did a round trip of 200 km today through some very nicely laid and curvy roads on my Gen.1 Swift..As always it was a hoot to drive, sublime handling along with the creamy midrange..I wonder if the Evo could match it in terms of handling and midrange power delivery..Guess I would find out soon ;)
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 22, 2016 ---
    How would you rate the Music system in the 90 HP ? Is it decent enough for casual listening or does it warrant a component/Amp upgrade ? Owners kindly advise..
    rkperumala1 likes this.
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    90 HP's mid range is brilliant, remember it's heavy, so it's momentum at high speeds is greater as well. It's just that you need to push her, thanks to the awesome gear ratios :D and it doesnt sound bad at all at those RPMs , in fact it's the best when compared to other manufacturer's mjds, very sporty.

Handling wise, it does have body roll, but not much, which still eggs you to push more, thanks to the brilliant suspension, that doesn't affect its riding as well, which Swift, or even the Germans can't match.

ICE is decent, a lot better than GP, at least for a casual listener IMO. You can later upgrade the speakers if you want, but the HU isn't that bad.
    rkperumala1 and Harsha89 like this.