1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"Snow White" Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Harsha89, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    I am puzzled by this discussion about tyre pressure. I have been always maintaining 36/33 (F/R) psi air in my Linea MJD tyres for all the four years of my ownership. I never felt or thought of a need to change that. In fact, as I haven't visited the petrol pump for about a month, I specially went there 2 days ago & topped-up the tyres from 34 to 36 and 31 to 33.

Though I haven't done longer trips recently, in all my long trips earlier too, I always maintained the same pressures even when I filled nitrogen.

More light please??
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Also Harsha,

Sometimes this can be an issue with the suspension as well. There is an additional plastic ring that is placed at the bottom of the suspension to reduce the play which will give you a better ride.
    Kindly check my ownership thread for similar work done on my car.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  3. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Ravi_M 36/33 seems too high. I set my Jetta at 33 all around and the ride is very pliant. But I may have to experiment with higher psi to get the sweet spot.
    @PradeepM Thanks for your tip. I'll be sure to refer your ownership thread :)
    PradeepM likes this.
  4. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    @Harsha89, while stating it is too high, you probably didn't note that that is the specified thing! I am sure your JETTA is heavier than LINEA. Has anyone got any input from FIAT on this? If one goes just by own experience, I have my own, as stated in my post.

Any takes?
  5. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Ravi_M I asked a service advisor from FIAT and he told me to maintain 32 psi all around. Though, the same has been printed on the door panel too, I have noticed that the car pitches more than usual in recent times, and I usually travel alone. This led me to think reducing the psi might help. If not, then I'll leave it at 32 psi and blame the low profile tyres :) Regards, Harsha :)
  6. Kumar G M

Kumar G M Timido

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    You can set to 33psi if you set for only highways. I have a 90HP which was done 12K in five month ( bought in march 2016 ). Last week i have gone for a 2000KM trip to Bangalore. I set my tyre pressure to 33psi and it was comfortable (pure Highway ) Or else set the recommended one Fiat suggest.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2016
  7. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Kumar G M Thanks for the tip. I've set the pressure to all around 33 psi, and the ride has become very comfortable again. The thing was Tyre pressure reduced to 10 psi in left rear tyre and 28 psi in right rear tyre and both front tyres were 29 each ;) Maybe that was what ruined the ride in the first place.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Did you get it checked for a puncture? Such low presuure doesnt seem to be normal.
    PradeepM likes this.
  9. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    You're absolutely right @Turbothinghy There was a puncture at the rear Left, but it was patched up, still I need to check it again after a few days for reduced psi. How are the Alnac 4G holding up for you ? They seem to be a bit noisy on rough tar roads.
    Turbothinghy and PradeepM like this.
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Harsha89 : Alnac 4Gs are quite impressive IMO, but yes, they are noisy, no two ways about it. I have driven around 25.5k kms and have had just 1 puncture (Rear left) till date. I have filled them with nitrogen from day 1 which has given me the authority to abuse them at higher highway speeds :D. I guess they would hold good for another 10k-15k kms without any issues. Lets see, fingers crossed:watching:.
    Harsha89 likes this.