1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"Snow White" Fiat Punto Evo 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Harsha89, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
  2. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Ravi_M The recent update which was released to keep emissions on check, has also improved the drivability. Now the 1st gear pulls without any strain to 20 km/hr and the 2nd pulls to 40 km/hr cleanly without the need to over revv. Try asking your SA about this update. Regards, Harsha.
  3. Raj_Hari

Raj_Hari Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Harsha89, in last 7 months; i have done 18.5K in my punto. The feel is awesome now. Yes, engine will open up and you will enjoy a lot driving this awesome machine. Left pulling seems bit common with Punto, due to the fact its much heavier than any other car in its segment. Completed my 15k service and also ECU update to control emission.
    Turbothinghy, Harsha89 and PradeepM like this.
  4. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Raj_Hari Thanks for the input :) The Left pulling issue wasn't there before my first service. The guys at the service center screwed with it, and though it's nearly rectified, there still a mild pull while braking at slower speeds and also while traveling in less-than-perfect roads. This has played havoc with the steering feel also. I'm planning of giving it to them once again to reassess my car. The engine is performing very well now, to the point of being unstoppable after crossing the 4th gear 18.5k km. In 7 months really something I haven't covered as much, but 6k in 2.5 months is quite okay, I guess. As you've said, it's very addictive to drive. The feel some steering, tight chassis control, sponge like strong brakes, feathery clutch, soft seats and smooth revving engine..I could keep on going till I've run out of words :). I've started to shun EPS equipped cars, Only now I've realized what a beautiful thing a perfectly tuned HPS is, and how much it enhances driving pleasure :) .

Regards,
    Harsha.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2016
    ravikn, KPR and PradeepM like this.
  5. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I have a query regarding Tyre pressure. What is the ideal TP for my 90 HP running on 195/55/R16 sized tyres. I'm usually the only one who drives it and no extra passengers or luggage. Lately the ride has become bumpy after I've filled 32 psi for front and rear. Owners, Kindly suggest.
  6. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    What tyre pressure you used to keep before? i always keep 32. But the SA @FASS suggest to keep 32 in front and 31 in rear.
    Harsha89 and PradeepM like this.
  7. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Harsha,

32 is good and It will have the tyres sticking to the ground more. I personally feel anything less than that may be harmful to the wheels considering the weight of the car.
    I drive a Linea and I maintain a different pressure, let's wait for the other 90HP owners to pitch in.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Harsha89 likes this.
  8. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Harsha89 The recommended pressure from FIAT is 32Psi (cold tyres) for all the tyres. I always follow the same. Though I do feel sometime bumpy effect, but that is way too less to consider it as problem
    Harsha89 and PradeepM like this.
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    32 eyes closed. Feels best at 32. At times when I hit highway with full luggage I fill 33 in the front tyres and maintain 32 in the rear. And yes I always fill Nitrogen.
    Harsha89 likes this.
  10. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you everyone for your opinion. Maybe the problem lies with the 16 inch alloys or the worse-than-worst roads. :)
    Maybe I'll reduce the psi to 31 all around.