1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

small marks like dried up watermarks on the roof of TW punto

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by drgopusankar, Feb 28, 2012.

1. hello friends,

It seems the paint quality of TW punto is really bad.. 5 months back TASC ,concorde,cochin has repainted the rear right panel of my brand new punto on my complaint of small bubbles .. 2 days back while cleaning the car, I noticed small circular marks on the roof of my car....almost four in number...1 - 1.5 cms in diameter. also near the periphery of marks there are pinhead sized bubbles...they are so small though.... what I have to do??the car is just 7 months old..
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Not only TW, the overall paint quality of Punto is bad. The best one can see is the VW. I have seen in my Punto the surface dosn't show the smooth mirror effect.
    After waxing if we see the reflection then the edges doesn't have the sharpness which shows the poor quality of painted surface. But not noticable from distance.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  3. after seeing these defects, my friend who has been thinking on punto, changed his mind and booked polo tdi.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Lack of glowing & mirror finishing was present in my former FGT of 2009.

My experience is completely opposite in my 90 HP of 2011.
    I get mirror finish quality when I wash my car.

I never use any additional wax,car shampoo etc.

@ drgopusankar. Your friend who booked Polo will weep after some days
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @drgopusankar
    my punto as well got bubles a rustd kind near tail lamp.also got a big rust on the rod of boot opener.

bhai,
    VW polo has nice shape,the problem is with the space and the color especialy white is beter than punto and i20.
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @ drgopusankar it is better to drop a mail to FIAT & get your car fully repainted. It seems there was issue with a particular lot. Do mail to customer care & if you dont get response, post it in their Facebook page. You will definitely get response . Worry not. It seems Fiat is now trying to do their level best for customer satisfaction & resolving customer complaints. Mine too is TW & touchwood there is no issue with the paint. It is now 15 month old :).
  7. Gentlemen,i would strongly deny that fiats have a bad paint quality.Having been using fiats ever since the days of fiat1100,its my personal experience that if you keep your car under some care,like covering it with good car cover,using a good car shampoo and use waxes(mothers range),The car remains agleaming beauty forever.