1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Small Hatchback AT only- Brio AT or Micra CVT ?

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by acechip, Nov 26, 2013.

1. acechip

acechip Superiore

Hi, I have a requirement for a small AT hatch.

It should have
    1) Decent fuel economy
    2) comfortable ride for 4 adults in city, 2 elderly ones at the back mostly.
    3) reasonable maintenance
    4) reasonable boot space (but not a huge dealbreaker)
    5) decent resale value

I TD'd the following:
    1) AStar-AT
    2) Brio AT
    3) Micra CVT.

Of these I have shortlisted Brio AT and Micra CVT because Astar AT is poor in terms of rear seat space. Grand I-10 does not have airbags and the Hyundai 4 speed AT is largely believed to have poor FE.

So Brio vs Micra it is. Brio felt nice and peppy, decent back seat comfort but with fixed headrests and small boot.
    Micra felt a tad sturdier , has more features (also pricer by 40K) , CVT was very smooth , returned decent FE during my test drive, but felt a bit lazy to pick speed up.
    Anyone with ideas/ experiences ?
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Since pick-up and speed are not listed in your requirements, I would go with Micra CVT. Checks all boxes, except #5, I think.

3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I personally like AT a lot.

Comparing BRIO and MICRA, Micra has bigger specs in terms of space compared to Brio. I like Honda's AT much but never had a TD of Micra AT so can't speak about it.

I will suggest if you have already concentrated on these two models then please take the TD of both the cars back to back so that you can get the best conclusion. After all you are the one who will be using this car for longer period.

If you are open for used cars then, I will suggest to try for used AT cars like Civic or City. You will definitely get the good deal than the small hatch with lower running KMs.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I would select Micra AT over Brio AT.

Small suggestion why didnt you consider Grand i10 Auto. May be Hyundai will launch Grand i10 diesel AT as well.

Sent from my FIAT Grande Punto 90hp
  5. acechip

acechip Superiore

I am primarily looking at hatchback only for city/ work commute so used sedan would be out of scope. I did check out the Grand I-10 (looked at only) but like I said , doesnt have airbags and also perceived FE is relatively low. Diesel automatic would be way outa my budget.

@kedarbendre -any idea about CVT long term maintenance costs ?

Also, I guess Honda is better than Nissan wrt resale value. I suppose I gotta consider that while putting in 7lac on the car.Any thoughts ?
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Acechip sorry bro I dont have much information about CVT maintenance.

Micra looks big, is big and design is also better than Brio so I suggested Micra.

Sent from my FIAT Grande Punto 90hp
  7. Why dont you include honda Amaze AT and Ecosport AT
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for the Thread.
    One of my relative in the same boat,he is also confused.
    in automatic its very hard to finalise the car lookinf at the budget.
    Wish new swift should have been in AT.
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    There are AT options in Eon, Santro and i10 have a look at it
  10. acechip

acechip Superiore

Finalized Micra CVT. Took a long highway-bypass test drive , flitting in and out of trucks and tempos etc, and pretty much liked the experience. For most part, the car will be used on city plus highway/bypass roads in Pune and seems quite adequate for the job. Not to mention it is well kitted out too.

So looking fwd to the ownership of this promising not-so-little auto hatch.
    4 people like this.