1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sluggish Linea MJD

Discussion in 'Technical' started by nishweth, Jun 10, 2012.

1. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

kannur,kerala
    Hi my linea is with the fiat dealer from past one week due loss of power issue. My car has done 26000km. At 20000km the EGR was replaced and the issue was sorted out but again the problem started. The car struggles to pick up and turbo kicks in at around 3000-3500 rpm but when i switch off and on the engines it behaves normally. Cant make out whats the issue as the dealer has cleaned EGR intercooler and checked all the lines but everything seems to be ok. FIAT PLEASE SORT OUT THIS ISSUE AS THIS PROBLEM IS BEING FACED BY MANY OF 90HP PUNTO AND LINEA CUSTOMERS.
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    IMO fiat has failed to identify such type of weired problem.
    Powerloss,low boost,lack of low end torque,poor throttle response,heavyness issue etc
    But no ecm error?
    One readymade answer " Sir fuel quality issue"
    Tdi,quadrajet,CRDi,CRDe,DDiS all runs well on same bunk.
    But I don't understant Multijet have problem from fuel from same bunk?
    2 people like this.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    1. Find leakages in turbo lines. All hoses need to be checked.
    2. Check the vacuum lines- very important. There is also a vacuum tank beneath the engine. Change that.
    3. Clean the intake.
    4. Swap a turbo vacuum actuator sensor - its seated behind the right side head lamp. If this is faulty the boost is not correct.

If all this is perfect and still car not making power then you need to change the turbo and diagnos further problems
    4 people like this.
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

This Problem is reported by majority of Linea users including me,pretty sure turbo and hoses and all cannot be bad in all cars.
    And i have read people reporting this problem at as low as 8K kms.
  5. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    Ma car faced this issue,Fiat tech team had reset the ecu,said so but the result was :cool:...the car started to pull cleanly from first gear onwards,making me smile everytime I tap the acc pedal.Mid range became more powerfull.Ask the service centre to reset the ECU parameters
  6. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    similiar problem i am also facing..but as it is unpredictable when this problm appears,i couldnt show this to the SA and still they cant diagnose this....for last few days the problm hast appeard..

- - - Merged Post - - -

yeah for me this problem arised when my car have clocked around 8000km..but they couldnt even diagnose the issue,for me this issue was followed by drop in fuel efficiency also..still they cant resolve it.

btw did u get it resolved??
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

No,but it does not show up often,even when i push the car,but at times it just crops up.i take it easy for a few kms,and it gets sorted out on its own.
    I am living with it now.
  8. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

kannur,kerala
    My problem with the pick up issue has cropped up again inspite of changing EGR twice and continously filling from PURE FOR SURE Bharat Petroleum pumps.
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    I hope you are not filling BS3 fuel. We require ULSD diesel.
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Maybe this might help. I always fill my 90HP from a BP Pure for Sure outlet and it is a much reputed one over all forums. All supercars in chennai too get their fill from this place.

But with my 90HP, the engine was knocking when cold, plus the car was puffing out smoke in idle itself, noticable when eye level is in line with exhaust. My car was diagnosed at Ramkay. Air filter was cleaned, injector codes were checked, turbo pipes were checked. Everything fine. Still car was smoking. Then I changed the pump for my next fill, a reputed IOCL pump. The engine note became smoother, no more smoking and no more engine knocking. Try this. I have also read across many forums that IOCL brew is our MJDs favorite.

With BP diesel, the car was clattery and rough. Worth a try. Drive till low fuel light and tank up from IOCL.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
    2 people like this.