1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sluggish Linea MJD

Discussion in 'Technical' started by nishweth, Jun 10, 2012.

1. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

Hai i am using a 2010 Fiat Linea Emotion Pack 1.3MJD which has done 17900km. The car sometimes feels sluggish before 2000 rpm before turbo kicks in. At times the turbo kicks in at 3000rpm. The performance is really really sluggish and it takes a long time for the turbo to kick in. What could be the problem.

2. Try doing ECU reset once, there is ECU/ECM reset thread in the technical section.
  3. pons

Try to go for After market ecu - or like race chip from germany .. you will notice power improvement although not so much before 2000 rpm
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

No, No guys!
    I think problem is something else.
    Let Nishweth come up with more details.
    What i am reading is sort of :confused:
    Turbo kick is normal@2000 rpm so a chip won't improve on that.
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Fellows it seems he is not getting the power which he was getting earlier. So let's focus on that first.
    @nishweth the turbo usually kicks in after 1700 Rpm .It need not wait till 3000 Rpm. So if you are feeling a power loss, get it checked at the earliest. Seems the turbo is not functioning properly. Could be a loose vacuum hose or a even a faulty turbo .
  7. Tellmepleaze

Tellmepleaze Amatore

Do not worry nishweth,:)
    I have the same Linea 2010 model, I am really happy of the ‘judicious, balanced pick up’ selected by Fiat. Believe me, I too heard “Oh, this HP is not enough for such a rock-solid, heavy body” kind of complaints, was hesitant too to buy. And once bought, for the first one month I was really ‘testing’ her by trying to overtake whoever on my way (not a good habit, I confirm, but I was suspicious of what I bought with hard earned money).
    But I proudly confirm, she is not just a ‘beautiful sitting duck’, she excels any such big cars in many parameters including pick up except those ‘Fuel-guzzler monsters’ with brute force at your touch of Accelerator, but do you really need one of it these days of fuel prices?
    Remember: More pickup= more fuel consumption. The wise ratio is what you are having in your Linea engine.
    Problem is we have to use her power judiciously.
    Question is: do you need anything excess of 90 HP, which actually used very rarely in normal use, unless you are an ‘Accelerator-maniac’, rather a bad driver who doesn’t know how to utilise the judiciously given HP? Best ratio of power for great mileage + very decent pick-up, at expert driving habits is used in the Linea, according to me.
    For me I feel slight power loss only when I be foolish not to keep momentum of the car at UPHILLS, say when climbing an over bridge. Here if you do not carefully keep momentum, you will feel difficulty to pick-up, unless downshift. But this is same with those monsters too ! Well, they may pick up within a few seconds faster than Linea; but the price: you pay fat fuel bills through nose !
    Remember: Extra-ordinary pickup= excess fuel consumption in direct ratios.
    Remedies for you:
    1. Get it checked if anything wrong, as many commented above.
    2. If nothing wrong: try to contemplate how Michael Shoemaker ‘use’ his normal machine judiciously to overtake others for years. Yes, it is better to improve our driving habits to avoid fat fuel bills.
    Cheers !
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
    3 people like this.
  8. saroshmk

It may be prudent to check the fuel too! Over the weekend i heard about the case of a Linea that had a similar problem with power. A lot of checks were done before the service center suspected the fuel. They found a clogged fuel filter and a lot of sediment in the tank. The service center guys mentioned that adulteration was rampant.

It may be a good possibility to eliminate early.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Nishweth, You need to elaborate on "feeling sluggish", only then something decisive can be suggested.
    Did you feel power loss as compared to initial run?
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

@Tellmepleaze could you telluspleaze more about yourself. To start with a wonderful ownership thread & few beautiful snaps of your beauty. BTW welcome to TFI.
    1 person likes this.