1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Slow engine crank at only morning even battery and starter are good

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by bhai, Feb 20, 2016.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi

I got replaced starter & alternator in EW in last year. I have replaced new battery also.
    12 V 60 Ah

From last 3-4 months I am experiencing strange working of starter motor at morning.

In morning at first crank, starter spins slowly like weak battery or weak starter.
    First I thought it may be due to weak battery or failing starter.

But further I observed that If I give 2nd try to start the engine, it cranks normally with full potential.

If my battery and starter are perfect then why only 1st cranking is slow at morning.
    I got info that it may be due to partially seized engine.

I mean engine might have becoming jam after whole night stand still.
    Experts please explain
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Not an 'expert' but I will attempt to answer.

Minor timing issues

Parasitic load drawing small current overnight causing trouble with cold cranking amps.

Starter solenoid issue.

Alternator efficiency issue leading to battery undercharge.

Rail related or fuel pump related intermittent issue..remote possibility.. Can be confirmed with examiner diagnostic tests.

Best bet IMO is starter motor brush issue. Try servicing starter and replacing internal stuff.
    ghodlur and vtlreja2 like this.
  3. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    its related to starter motor. Get the starter motor cleaned again. Might because of you have driven in rains or due to water wash the moisture must have got accumulated in the motor.
    bhai likes this.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Possibility of rain & moisture is not there. Because I never wash the car at pressure shop. It may be due to bad starter brush as told by simpleson. Thanks
  5. zakir

zakir Timido

mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Put ignition keys on for some time then you can start your car easily.