1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

slight rattling sound

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by drgopusankar, Dec 1, 2011.

1. hello everyone...

today I happened to hear a slight rattling sound from under the hood. this is noticed only if I stand by the Right side of the vehicle. Is that normal or need attention. Is that I am too obsessive about my vehicle???:roll: please help..my vehicle has clocked 7700 kms so far.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

when the engine running and car not moving
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    so no rattling noise when the car is moving.it could be something loose. Just open the hood and try to locate.
  3. yes varin, also after running for 1 or 2 kms and then on idling that sound disappears.. one friend opined that it will be due to the moisture trapped on belt. when the engine gets heated it will disappear. what about that?
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    may be possible.get it checked on safe side
  5. hai varin, I contacted mr sinu, concord service manager and he confirmed the matter. It is due to moisture trapping inside the belt. Assured no need to worry over the matter..He said if the sound becomes permanent, then we have to tighten the belt.. happy ending..
  6. sashank82

sashank82

Gurgaon
    I have a 'thuk/thuk' noise when the car is running at 40 KMPH + and is very faint or absent at low speeds.

Initial understanding is that it has nothing to do with the engine, only in motion, i can hear it (especially with the clutch pressed). The car was normal all this while, just after the weekend it has developed this. I think it is something obstructing the tyre etc or could be anything else...It has gotten me worried, any suggestion please?
  7. hello sashank,

please check the mudflaps, tyres etc. May be something rubbing against it while running. I suggest you to contact TASC SA and get it checked. If you personally know any local car mechanic, first let him check it. Please keep posted, as you know by reading everyone's issues and problem solving, help us a lot to take care of our cars.
  8. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Even lately my MJD(2009, 56000 kms) too getting faint kr kr noise from the front.The noise is as if something is scraping and can be heard only when the car is running in the fist gear without accelerator pressed.I just got the rack changed around 3-4 weeks back.Got to check it.
    Sashank the thuk thuk noise can be elastic pads issue.do u get any such noise while turning steering also.If not this may rack issue is also possible.
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Took the car to Wasan Kandivli and he pointed the faint kr kr noise (as if some thing is scraping) I was getting from engine bay to clutch issue.The noise comes when clutch is released and no noise when the clutch is pressed.he said the problem is with clutch plate springs and because of that the noise is coming from the gear.he said this is no problem and I can easily drive the car for another 10000 kms or change the clutch for total Rs. 10000 to get rid of the sound. Any advise whether this would be clutch or gear issue.My Linea MJD march 2009 has completed 56000 Kms.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011