1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Skoda Rapid TDI driving experience

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by gurjinder, Sep 11, 2012.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Thnaks Gurji for detailed review.

One question:- I felt Vento is better than Rapid, Its my perception, once I will get chance to drive Vento can say exactly. What do you feel betwwen this two after driving Rapid?
  2. royj

royj Esperto

That's a honest review Gurjinder. Liked it. Also helps one to put in perspective the Linea and the Rapid.
  3. Excellent and very honest review...The drawbacks it has compared to Linea will never come up in any auto mags or any other review,wish people like you reviewed these great cars...Atleast then the aam junta will know what they are buying...Btw one stupid question,but kitna deti hai??(in the 240 kms drive you had)
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

It's roomy. Unless you are extraordinarily tall, you will not have any issues. Rear seat is good for 3 medium built people. Lots of beige in the cabin give it a somewhat airy feel.

I'll put some pics up in the evening as the car is standing at my home only. I'm not sure if it has a VGT or FGT. The engine surely behaves like one with a FGT and with the strong torque on offer, a VGT is not sorely missed either. Will pop the bonnet and see.

The clutch pedal action is okay no issues. But the actual clutch operation , like i said, is rather crude.

As for the equipment levels, it is the entry version i think, so it's quite stripped out. We'll have to compare the top spec Rapid.

I haven't driven the Vento so cannot comment! :)

Apparently this version of the Rapid does not have a fuel consumption indicator. I tried toggling through the trip displays, and fuel consumption was nowhere to be found. There is just one trip meter and one service indicator ( how many km's left to service)

5. teky

teky Esperto

The Rapid comes with FGT IIRC - The VGT version can sure pump up more power in the region of 120HP.

And I agree with your about the engine - It sounds like a truck but sure it does fly. Who cares how it sounds - at least I don't.
    4 people like this.
  6. ops

ops Amatore

Punto Abarth
    Nice review. How do you rate cornering behavior of rapid , linea 2011(low GC) and linea 2012 (raised GC)
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Just a quick update to the first post.

Got to drive the Rapid TDI in total city conditions and it was a great experience. You shortshift , ride the torque wave, just like the big old diesels and speed builds up quickly. You never feel to rev the engine to the moon to go anywhere. In some ways, like the Palio D, but with a monster top end power. Engines like these do remind us that engine displacement really does have it's importance. That is what gives the engine the low-down torque which is so important in pulling from low speeds. And such engines make the drive that much more relaxing. So, even though the engine will win no trophies in the NVH department, but it surely gains my respect in the driveability department.

So, there you go.

3 people like this.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    nice review this helped a lot to one of my friend to finalise this car in its segment...
  9. vaibhavc

vaibhavc Amatore

Very nice review.
  10. arunprasad

arunprasad Amatore

Agree completely, I like both and I own both.:)