1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Skoda Rapid buying decision

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by pushkaraj, Apr 24, 2014.

1. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Pune
    Thanks , Actually its more from punto to rapid than linea to rapid , difference is i did not feel much different driving Linea - i will not say experience was entirely different level compared to Punto . i enjoyed it as much as i was enjoying Punto.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Punto emotion .

- - - Merged Post - - -

You picked up very important point . I observed in Honda City too . You will not feel anything missing until you take verna/honda/vento/rapid any of them near honda showroom and drive them back to back. Same with Linea 1.3 , i never felt it lacks power until i drove it after driving rapid.
    And on rock solid part , i would have never gone for Rapid "secure" feeling was missing ( fiat spoils us :) ) , it felt as secured/planted on road as punto/linea.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  2. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I drive both Punto and Rapid on highway........and i must say both are safe to drive on highway on high speed and personally i would prefer Rapid to drive on a highway....and it is agile and zippy......
    3 people like this.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    what about missing steering feedback and puny tyres (175/70 R14)? aren't these missed on the highways? when compared I guess Linea does lag behind on power, but would be ahead of Rapid in handling!
    1 person likes this.
  4. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Pune
    Lots of people wanted to know details on my buying decision , when i pasted team fiat link most of them asked me why i posted on team fiat , why not some other forum . I would like to repeat my answer here .
    I connected with team fiat not just beacuse of punto connetion ,other important point was all of us love our ride.It's not just about going from Point A to B , its about whole Joureny..
    I could identify how say @ramjn was feeling uneasy when his GC upgarde did not work OR how proud kailas ( @kailasmenon2000) when his linea completed 5 years , so many examples ... everybody on this forum spends sleepless nights still car issue is resolved :)
    it's always feel nice to share it with all of you.
    Tornado, pratul, Iyu and 4 others like this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Pushkaraj,

All things aside, the desi itch just reminded me, "toh kitna deti hai" :evilsmile
    What are the real world Fuel Efficiency figures you are getting on daily drives in city and when on highway. What is the most realistic figures one can expect out of a Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI MT. Would be good to know.

Thanx.
    1 person likes this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I have to recall one of my memorable encounter with a Rapid TDI from Trichy to Dindigul. Rapid gave me nightmares to keep pace with him. It was incredibly fast and steady. Never went out of line even once. Of course, it was in the hands of a very good driver.

I always have great respect for this car.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Ramesh, you can understand how I would have driven to keep up with it which made me write this post :): http://www.teamfiat.co.in/punto-1-3-mjd/2423-journey-punto-17.html#post117479
    The driver of Rapid in this case too was quite good.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yeh shams. I remember this incident. Your Punto is one special Punto. ;)

Regarding mine, the same truck incident happened and almost would have hit it but got a narrow gap on the right side near the divider and I passed. Seems, the truck incident happens with all Rapid encounters. :D To recall, my Linea hit the maximum it can do that day and still the Rapid effortlessly took my Linea.

I think it is time for us stop discussing our encounters and leave to discussion about Pushkaraj's Rapid. ;)
  9. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Pune
    Hi ,
    From limited 1370 KM what i have done on rapid

City :16.5 ( varies between 15 - 17.5 , minimum was 15 )
    Highway : 19.5 - consistently three highway drive

Please note this is very light foot driving. I think after covering few thousands KM we will get good idea .
    From my interactions with rapid owners , they are getting same -so when car settles down , some spirited ( not that much ) driving will nullify improved average and i guess in the end i will settle down to those values. :)

3 people like this.
  10. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have Pirelli p6 cinturato 195/60/r15 excellent silent tyres and have replaced steel rims with alloys..........both cars have pros and cons......i can say linea may be better in handling but Rapid also does not disappoint...excellent stability and ride quality at high speeds (by high speed i mean >150 kmph).....ex. when i was driving 190 kmph (was doing 160-170 consistently) my wife at back speed didnt even notice it.....she only noticed it when i told her to look at speedometer :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

U are getting the right averages.........aggressive driving will see a downward average in the range of 12.5-15 kmpl
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    1 person likes this.