1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Skoda Rapid buying decision

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by pushkaraj, Apr 24, 2014.

1. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Pune
    Thanks for the wishes.
  2. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rapid is really a gud car.....i have one in my family. I have driven it at 190kmph and its rock steady...i did Udaipur to jaipur which is 400km in 4 hrs straight...phew...its awesome.......on highway u can easily cruise at 160kmph without any effort......have mixed feeling about service...but its fine....its really a good family car....
  3. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Pune
    Thanks Prashnat - I tried that on TD vehicle , it was awesome
    Yet to try that highway speed on my rapid , still in run-in mode :-(

4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    COngratulations, liked your analysis.
    Why Linea was not considered?
  5. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    That's something FIAT has to learn from VW. When my friend went for a TD, they didn't ask about what car they are looking for but just explained how best their cars are (detailing the manufacturing process, strength etc.,). Immediately after that he visited a Fiat dealership and guess what there was none to attend them for 5 mins where they had to help themselves.

Why do you think it's lags behind Vento?

Yeah, I have the same question. Why Linea was not considered at all?
    Tornado likes this.
  6. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Pune
    Thanks Pydeva and Limraj .
    I was suprised no one asked about linea

For Linea major reasons were

1. Power : Moving for 75 to 90 was not really much upgrade on power
    2. Discounts :
    They had discounts on Old linea but it would have never felt that i changed car since interior are same as Punto , New linea they were not offering any discounts .
    3. Brand change :
    I think its good to try diffrent cars and brands . Diffrent brands tune car diffrently so its fun to change .
    4 people like this.
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    sounds good, though Linea to Rapid is not an upgrade.
    Anyways, enjoy the ride. If you get time to compare the experiences, please keep posting.

Tornado likes this.
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats for the new buy. Definitely better choice compared to Japanese and Korean counterparts. Sheer acceleration on a open highway is something I envy Rapids for :evilsmile old school of thought regarding engines - there is no replacement for displacement. Happy and safe motoring.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Tornado likes this.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

May be you could go for Laura or new Octavia. I am not sure about an upgradation from Linea to Rapide? pls don't mind, Sometimes people are just too sold over power figures, real life is different. New Elantra (Petrol variant!!) couldn't get away a few days back and it's Driver appeared like he is not very use to such high speeds. I was tailing him keeping the distance between 2 cars constant all the time. Noticing how relaxed I was in FIAT (smoking & taking occasional sip of Cold drink), he gave up!!:D Though he would eventually get away on an open stretch, Such is the difference in real life. A 1.6 ltr car will have better Low range but when it's mid/Top range as compared to MJD's, the difference is so minuscule, that one can't differentiate until driven back to back. FIAT cars even with those 1248 MJDs can keep up with any car in 4th-5th gear, try that in real life and don't feel so much bogged down with figures. what is rock solid@190 Km/hr???

If you are driving straight, anything is rock solid@190 km/hr. Sway a little and you will come to know what Rock Solid is. FIAT cars moves like a puppy, zippy and agile like a mouse over the road at high speeds. No cars below 12 lacs holds that much of refined dynamics, driven most of the competition and hence concluded. The New Linea's interior is easily the best in the segment (up-to 12 lacs) given it's existing price. The only problem, a little turbo lag. I would personally like to have 2 Ltr MJD with high performance 4 disc brakes with a top speed of 230 Km/hr, that's what Linea/Punto deserves to be, but that's how it is.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    2 people like this.
  10. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    Do not baby the car around, you will end up with a slow car.