1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Site is hacked!

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by chethansgangoor, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Tron

Tron Superiore

Really countrock ''YOU ROCK!''. Hats off to you man! I was really restless to see our forum wasnt working well in morning. Now its sort of addiction, cant live without TFI!
    Grandeur, great work! Thanks to you too.
  2. @ Countrock, great job to restore it so quickly.

It is better to hide away environment information (if you cannot do this at server level):

Attackers are ALWAYS looking for servers with old versions running to exploit unpatched vulnerabilities.
  3. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    countrock 22ji many thanks...................
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  4. Great work guys!!!
  5. linealover

linealover Regolare

kudos to countrock for restoring the site...
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Countrock, many thanks to you buddy. :) I have been off TFI because of some personal reasons for the past 3-4 weeks. I was shocked to read the mail yesterday that TFI had been hacked.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    On teamfiat site,members have not shared their Bank A/c Nos.,Credit card nos. :D

then what hackers get by doing these types of non-sense tasks.
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  8. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great job by Countrock & Grandeur to get the site back on its feet. Keep up the good work guys.

9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Thanks for the great effort by Countrock & Grandeur. I was really missing the site .
    Regarding the security features
    1) The provider where our site is hosted, they should be intimated about this incident and they should also increase their security feature. But one fact we should always accept is nothing is full proof. Even the most secure sites are getting hacked.
    2)The other suggestions would be to approach a professional team who does ethical Hacking/vulnerability assessment kind of thing. They will be able to give suggestions for improving security measures. This may be a bit costly thing. But as we grow up chances of our site getting attacked are more and we need to be on a safe zone. A free contribution from our members who are interested can surely meet up this expense.Even FIAT may sponsor this if we knock at the right door.I would recommend to do a security/vulnerability scanning atleast once a year.
    3)Moving our site domain to a more secure hosting provider is also recommended if we feel that the current provider's secuirty is not good enough.
    4) Site replication is also another thing ie if this site goes down we can bring the site up & running in minutes or even this can be automised.
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    thanks for the whole team who keeps this wonderful site up and running. and special thanks to countrock.