1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Simply Silver Linea

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by GaganTakker, Jun 26, 2013.

1. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    Hi Guys

I must admit that , I have been enough lazy posting any details / comments

Although I visit TFI 2-3 times a day :)

I had completed 5000 Kms in 3 months almost @ 18kmpl, happy with car except I still feel a difference driving a Petrol over diesel

Quite accustomed to driving in 2nd and 3rd gear instead of 1st unlike Alto & WagonR

- - - Merged Post - - -

Recently post 5000 kms , went for a checkup

Had the following Problems
    1. Left AC foot vent not working
    2. Water Leakage inside the car and whole left side carpet got wet on a long drive
    3. Wiper not cleaning properly
    4. Some weird Airy Noise from front
    5. FM not very clear
    6. Speaker disturbance if volume knob more than half [20]
    7. Steering Wobbling at high speed [Above 80 kmhr ]
    8. Rear Bumper paint peeled like paper with a minor hit

- - - Merged Post - - -

Went to Techno Motors, as they are authorized till July for FIAT Service and they have new workshop under development to be opened around 1 week of Aug in Dwarka

As of now it is pure Desi TATA Service Center , although they have some priority for Fiat Cars

They don't accept Cars without Appointment except Fiat , so I got inside on a Sunday and assigned a Advisor [Jitender]

Spent Full day 7-8 hours in workshop and the following

They start the work on car without washing [ They have under-body washing in place but the arrangement is not working ]
    Placed the car in the bay
    Opened up air filter to clear the dust by blowing air in all possible directions which is actually not correct
    Checked all the fluid levels and not required top-ups

1. Left AC foot vent not working Opened Up a Choked pipe below the dashboard on left side and it work now
    2. Water Leakage inside the car and whole left side carpet got wet on a long drive Drain pipe for water had some algae sort of stuck inside, opened and push cleaned by air flow and fitted back Works now
    3. Wiper not cleaning properly It would be replaced under warranty or PDI error but NO stock so will be done later
    4. Some weird Airy Noise from front Air Filter intake Rubber Pipe was slipped out and tht was noise, pushed and fixed
    5. FM not very clear No One has any idea, wil be checked by a Electrical Expert later
    6. Speaker disturbance if volume knob more than half [20] No One has any idea, will be checked by a Electrical Expert later or they will replace the speaker and test again and if required would be changed in warranty
    7. Steering Wobbling at high speed [Above 80 kmhr ] Alignment guy was not there and asked me to visit later , I went after 2-3 days got the rotation and balancing done, still issue is not resolved
    Seems GT3 issue, will raise with GoodYear or through Fiat next week

8. Rear Bumper paint peeled like paper with a minor hit Have raised a case with FIAT as well Techno since 8-10 weeks but nothing much happened except a few mails , Also sent a mail yesterday to Mangesh, NO reply yet :(

Any Qs ? :)

Thanks Guys
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. Yamboy

Yamboy Novizio

Trivandrum
    Hi Gagan,

Congrats on your new Linea !

Too many niggling issues to start with :( Hope you get everything resolved to your satisfaction. Is your car MY2013 or MY2012? Also post pics of your Silver beauty :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    Will do, its pending since long

and keep you posted on updates as will go to service center in a few days
  4. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi

Hi All

Some of the issues happened again and some resolved

1. SAME HAPPENED AGAIN ---- Water Leakage inside the car and whole left side carpet got wet on a long drive Drain pipe for water had some algae sort of stuck inside, opened and push cleaned by air flow and fitted back Works now

2. Wiper not cleaning properly Replaced under warrantyfrom Kashyap Fiat after email confirmation from Fiat last month

3. FM not very clear Antenna removed and attached again, it works fine

4. Speaker disturbance if volume knob more than half [20] Door Panel removed and plastic behind the speaker removed [ only applicable to front doors] , Bass and sound is much much better

5. Steering Wobbling at high speed [Above 80 kmhr ] Raised issue with GoodYear , got TWO tyres replaced today with Service tax and charges 200 per tyre will observe and if problem persists , will raise with GoodYear again

6. Rear Bumper paint peeled like paper with a minor hit Have raised a case with FIAT again , awaiting reply :sad:

FYI - No other driving issues, fuel efficiency almost 16-17 with 75% AC , [ highway 50 city 50 ]

Thanks All

tk cre
    1 person likes this.
  5. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    It MY 2012
    I bought a showroom display model with good discounts
  6. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    Hi Guys

Finally all the 4 tyres got replaced with new ones, 2 in August and 2 today with 150 rupees service charges per tyre

Ride is much better , will get the balancing and alignment done and observe at higher speed

Have got the reply from Fiat and got the approval to get it painted at their cost , hopefully would be going to Kashyaps tomo and get it done

Thanks
  7. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi

The attached pics are for paint chipping off like old distemper and the below layer color is golden

I had raised the concerns months back with Techno but they didnt take care well and post sending mails to Fiat and raising the concern thru Kashyap , It finally got approved for bumper paint to be charged to Fiat

It was done yesterday :)
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  8. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    Hi Guys

A Very Happy New Year

I recently got my 2nd service done at approx 12500 mileage

Apart from the regular fluid and filter changes, wired AC/Pollen filter was replaced by Paper one

Drained Oil was dead black

Sealed Fuel Filter was drained out and the Diesel was okay to observe as No water etc was there

Coolant water pump was showing leaks and hence was replaced under warranty and a corresponding clip was changed

Will post the copy of bill ASAP

Tk Cre