1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Simply Ahead - Punto and Linea Ratings based on HT Survey

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Vroom, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Simply Ahead - Punto and Linea Ratings based on HT Surve

Very rightly pointed out VP... Quite UnFiat Like... :wow Trust me if we had to run the FIAT show am sure we would have beaten up all the brands in India as far as sales numbers to customer satisfaction is concerned...

Wake up FIAT... There's more to come.... :uh
  2. anand3636

anand3636 Amatore

Cochin (KL - 44)

Read somewhere that fiat only makes cars. sales, spares and servcing is by tata. am i right? then what about marketing? who's job is that? the way things are now i think its also by tata.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Marketing is also handled by Tata
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

:shocked Wha...!!!
    I just can't believe Fiat can be THAT laid back on this market. No wonder people say Fiat is Doomed.. :A
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

I guess Amit is right... Tata handles the marketing too.. Dats the reason they promote the Manza and Vista over the punto and linea to the customers.. Sad but its true.... :A
  6. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

I'm not sure but if you have noticed. You'll get to see Fiat's ads after every 2-3 ads of TATA's Ad.
  7. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai

Atleast there are full page ads in Delhi. Never seen one in Mumbai papers for along long time.

Vroom
  8. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai

Marketing is handled by Tata but I guess Fiat must have some levereage over them. Can they not force Tata to up the ante on marketing for Fiat cars? If not, then I really pity Fiat's situation thats all I can say. Just look at the extent of adverts done by Tata for the Vista BS IV variant - they even called it DriveTech4 or some such crap. They made a TV advert of it, hand print adverts talking about Drivetech4 with a Eurotech gearbox! What did they do for the Punto BS IV? Zilch! Nada! Linea MJD power was bumped up and nobody knows about it, maybe even sales staff don't know about that! Shouldn't Fiat stick their heads out and demand Tata to do more? I mean Fiat isnt entirely dependant on Tata for everything, if tomorrow Fiat pulls out of the JV , Tata will not be able to send a single Vista or Manza due to non-avaliabliablity of engine's and gearboxes!
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Somewhere I read that Tata is the best marketer in Auto industry (Check out the history - starting from Indica - "More car per car" ala to the latest "DriveTech4" campaign).

In fact, currently, Manza is everywhere - You switch on the TV, watch Asia Cup, there are Manza ads in every over break. Forget Ads, you see Manza being driven on roads of Sri Lanka, Forget that also, You see a Manza parked, right on the ground besides boundry lines. On weekends, when I come out of my apartment, there is a Manza displayed by a dealer in our Apartment complex.

Its upto Fiat how to use the expertese.
  10. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE

The TATA guys will convert a Linea sales to a Manza sale if the customer is weak. That is the problem Fiat will face on a long run by allowing TATA's to market FIAT cars. Even if Fiat wants to continue with TATA then they should insist that Fiat Cars are sold in a seperate showroom.