1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"Show Stopper" My Tjet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by C_S, Aug 22, 2013.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    re: "Show Stopper" My Tjet

SBI provided me with the 7 year repayment option.

Will that Bank increase the tenure if the resale value goes up? Stupid policy IMO.
  2. weathered

weathered Timido

Bangalore
    @C_S - What's the current status of your booking? Did you go ahead by paying 1L odd and make sure the car is invoiced in dealer's name?
  3. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    @C_S,

I don't understand what is wrong in the production line which causes this delay. I have booked my T Jet almost at the same time (OB, which was not in stock with the dealer) and I had to wait only 17 days for the car to come to dealership. They have allowed me to check the dealer invoice as well, according to that they have placed the order on 9th Aug. The car was shipped on 19th and reached chennai on 27th.

I have verified my VIN as well, and the car is manufactured in Aug 2013.

After reading your story about the delay, I have enquired the same to my SE and said that they are not aware of any such delay...

Not sure what happened in your case :confused:
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Bsrej, it would be great if you could pull out info if there are any black tjets in the plant stockyard through your sales rep. If the stock is available then its the dealer's goof up. If not no wonder the dealer is not able to give any timelines. The sales manager for Fiat needs to aware of these sort of situations and should appraise the dealers about the colors available and this will help reduce the customer dissatisfaction.
  5. ilblr

ilblr

Bangalore
    Mine was a case similar to bsrej. I booked on August 6, shipped from Pune on 19th (some issue with transporter hence delay of 2 days), got the VIN the next day, reached Bangalore on 24th, did PDI on 26th and took delivery on 28th. Same August 2013 manufactured.

In no situation it should take more than 20-25 days (vehicle in hand) and it is not very difficult for the dealer to check on the exact status. I used to interact with the sales manager (dealer) and he in turn with the Fiat territory manager for South (as per him) to get the status. In any case, I used to get the updates and it worked out fine with the promised timeline.

If this dealer you are interacting with is not able to give you an exact timeline or status (car or offer), there is still time to consider another dealer. Why waste your precious time pondering upon if you are getting the car/offer or not. Since you have waited so long, a few more days would not make much difference. In the end T-Jet is what matters :).
  6. ilblr

ilblr

Bangalore
    C_S,

Noticed someone mentioning in the T-Jet Review thread in the BHP forum today. Looks like there is a White T-Jet Emotion with Aadya. Don't know anymore detail but you may want to check it out.

7. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    It was one of the MNC banks (do not want to take names, do not want to hurt fans of that bank) which said a pre-approved loan that can be done in 1 day... never happened even after 7 days.. now have got it done with SBI. Still cannot understand how the dealer cannot be sure when am ready to get the money released from the bank, all they need to get some kind of a number they need to invoice, which these people cannot do.. sounds very strange...

Situation now is the dealer said the offers would continue in September as well, so have asked him to state that they will honor the offers for Sep and all list of accessories that we have negotiated and send it to me on their letter head with seal and signature from the concerned official.

I would suggest not to waste time with those fellows, if i know 2% about cars they don't even have 50% of my knowledge, Parrots may come out with a better analysis on cars..

Agreed, there is no sense to their numbers.. stupidity to even talk to them...

For some strange reason they do not want to accept any money and have insisted that i pay the remaining amount when they are sure they can deliver the vehicle.

Some goof up which they cannot even accept and keep telling me stories that Black colors are the least in demand. (hope they are not waiting for ten cars with Blacks to be placed as orders. With Tjet sales being 35 in the month of july, if i assume 10% of the cars were black .. i may have to wait about 3-4 months... feel like tickling my self and laughing )

I want to do that, but i am travelling very frequently on official duty hence do not want to start with a new dealer right from negotiating the accessories..

Let me check that, but i guess it is of no use.. my better half needs a black car only.. color choice done by her, if i do not accept that then i will get ...:hit
  8. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet

I checked this with my SE, he is swearing that there is not issue in FIAT's production line. It is the problem with the dealer. If the dealer has sufficient stock in his yard, he will not be placing new orders as his money will get blocked. And the orders are placed in lots of 6 to 16 numbers.

So I believe in this case, the dealer has lot of unsold T Jets in his yard (may be other colors) so he is waiting for bookings on those pieces to place a fresh order to FIAT. This could be the reason why he is not commiting a date.

My SE said that he can get a HHB jet in 18 days from today and reiterated that there is no issue in FIAT's production line.
  9. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks bsrej for this update, probed the dealer on these lines, it is a goof up at their end. The vehicle can only come in the later part of second or third week of September. He says the offers available in Aug will continue in Sep and has agreed to send me written documentation. Hoping at least he can send a written commitment.

Not sure why they had to throw all this crap at me for so long, if they could have just said they did something wrong and committed a realistic date( and that the offers would be valid as they did a mistake )things would have been a lot better for the dealer and for me as well. The start of the association with Fiat is not that great, hope the bad things end here....
  10. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    Just spoke to the dealer again today,, nothing seems to be happening, neither can they commit to anything ... for a change the Sales manager started shouting back at me for having called him directly...... telling he cannot do anything apart from wait., This is super service i am receiving ... if Sales is in this state .. I do not want to even imagine the service aspect..

Tomorrow before my travel I am planning to write to Fiat and leave it at there....